Warding Staff without the Wizard and other related questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Warding Staff without the Wizard and other related questions

THis time through I'm playing a small party and am not picking up ayone new, except I wonder how that affects the quests. For example, I am in CHapter 4 The Warding Staff, but I don't have a quest associated with it (the Staff) because I left the grand wizard in the Ice caves. Can I still do the quest, or should I bite the bullet and send a runner back to get him while my party rests in the gypsy camp?

The reason I didn't pick him up was that my main character is a pretty high level combat mage already, and also when I did "hire" him I noticed that no quest appeared in my journal, so I thought maybe I didn't need him along, and fired him again. When I picked up the dwarf and the first fighter early in the game (can't remember their names - both begin with "G" - I call them The Guys) quests appeared in my journal for them.

Also, the archer in the Dark forest - does she actually have a quest associated with her, or is she just another body? Again, I hired her temporarily and as no quest appeared in my journal I unhired her.
Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:49 am
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You do not need Merik to use the staff. I would leave him where he is now since your all ready in the Traveller's Camp. Your character should be able to use the staff when you retrieve it, if not hang on to it and it'll be of much to use to you further.

The archer in the forest has no side quest or what associated with her, she is just a tag along friend going for the ride.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:45 am