Arx 2 Wish List!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Pusanite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Arx Barbie

Higher level capability. I would like to be able to get a character to lvl 20 or 25 as a max, allowing me the reward of a lvl more often.

How about a mirror or two in the castle for fun? Just so we can have a look at our avatars as we play dress-up. Plus, more aesthetic options for armor. Same stats (or mild variances) but severly different graphics.

It would also be cool if the NPC conversational text (non-storyline reliant) would adjust based on our chosen appearance (ie: You wear more white silver, they address you as "Lady Knight", you choose black iron armor and Shaney runs squealing in fear. Bwa-ha ha!)

For those of us that love playing thieves: A tip of the hat to the scanning cameras in "Thief"! Give us a building or some rooms with monitoring devices that don't attack but that must be snuck past/destroyed/disabled for us to proceed to the next floor.

And yay to Werecat: Spend some time coding in female avatar graphics! I'd pay an extra $5 for this option, even if it is just aesthetic & won't affect gameplay. No need to adjust storyline: leave it up to player preference to engage in a romantic sideline with either/both genders.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:38 pm
skewed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I believe that a more detailed, sectioned quest/log book with the ability to write your own notes/comments would come in useful.

The chance to develope your character in a more personalised way to your own likings.

Yes please, a bit of humour may make for light relief.

How about a third person perspective option ( nowt wrong with first person but maybe some may welcome the option)
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:24 pm
the chapster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

- I'd like to be able to travel to different fortresses like in UW2 .
- More puzzles !
- Maybe some sort of regeneration tool , like the silver seed in UW1 so you can die but still keep the latest stuff you've found .
- Be able to choose what you'll say to characters .
- Please , no more invincible beasts that kill you with one blow .
- Some way to get your skill levels way up there .

I'll let you know if I think of anything else ! Can't wait for part 2 ! ( and 3 , and 4... )
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:13 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Well as incredible as ARX was, there is allways room for improvments...

-ARX 2 should have bigger and larger world, i'm not asking anything as big as mw, but more places to visit.(lets be realistic ARX felt really small place after all)

-More choises...i mean basicly everyone ended up playing as somekind of warrior/mage hybrid.After learning fireball trick there wasn't basicly much need for anything else.Make it MORE balanced.Playing as a thief was pain in a butt and how come there was only 1 BOW as ranged weapon?

-Better voice actors.Mainly i'm talking about human characters.Particularly "the hero" and "Carlo" were one the most horrible voices i've seen ever in a game .But gobling&trolls instead of were great and felt&sounded like they should!They had so much personality, man i laughed so much when interacting with these lovely creatures

-More armors&weapons, i know you guys will do this, but it won't harm anyone by mentioning this...

-More side guests

-music..there wasn't much of it..I missed it sometimes, like walking in the city music would have created some mood, but then again in the caves ambient noises were enough..

-Less linear and and maybe something like 2 different endings..(like somebody mentioned earlier)

-More interactivity beetveen dialogs..something similar like in Deus Ex, you can sometimes choose what your character says from list of answers.And they have different outcomes..good and bad.

Those are most important things i can think of now..
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:04 am
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Like every one else said, I'd like some choice in the character development and conversation options. I didn't like being forced to run errands, and would have like to be able to say so. An evil option is always nice, as it tends to give me 2 ways to play. And maybe different outcomes depending on what the player has done throughout the game. I know this is hard to do, but when done right (Deus Ex) it could be a classic.

As for humour, well the goblins were the funniest thing in any game I played this year, so I've no complaint on that score

Maybe some more noticable skills. A system like in Fallout, where every few levels you could choose additional skills that would make a difference. Could help to develop you character exactly as you would like to. Selling your soul might make you unpopular, but you can discinate those who disagree.
Post Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:25 pm
the chapster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How about some cheat codes or at least different levels of difficulty ? Between the demons , golems , liches , ylsides and that infernal beast this game can sure hit some pretty high frustration levels .
Post Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:39 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I loved Arx--I thought the magic system was outstanding! One thing did stand out to me though... echos. It didn't seem like there were enough echos for the environment.

I took a visit to an old fort once and the most vivid memory that I carried away was that every sound echoed... every single one--no matter how subtle. Your footsteps, speech, throat clearing... even your breathing echoed. Not just a little bit either--any sound caused a very vibrant echo. Louder sounds even made an echo of the echo!

It seemed like the being in a cavernous, underground world would make big echos of any sound--just like the old fort did. I found myself thinking more than once that this place or that place seemed like there should be lots of echos. Echos would have added another level of immersion to this already deeply immersive game--at least for me.

But! I thought Arx was amazing and if you don't want to change a single thing it's ok as far as I'm concerned!
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:16 pm
the chapster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And maybe throw in more of the ' weird little things ' , like when you go in the room where you talk to the dead queen there's those two gargoyles whose heads follow you as you walk around the room , or when you get to the end there's that tank with the mini troll and beast . I like the things that make you stop and look at them because they're so strange .
Post Thu May 01, 2003 8:27 pm
Zarian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

*Option to customize your character.

*More paths, like enchanter, wizard, mage, Ect.

*more types of armor and wepons.

*A more organized quest log, and then notes on how to play.

*And able to go first to third person view.
Post Sun May 04, 2003 8:20 pm
windwlkr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Arx II Wish List!

I would like some kind of personalization of monster types. Take liches, for example, most games consider them to be some kind of undead mage king...well, make 'em act like that (differing robes & crowns, regal manor, voice and mannerisms) not just a generic lich. I killed 6 liches in the crypt...why in the world would there be 6 liches anywhere near each other, they're too gods-be-damned jealous & petty & suspicious...according to all the tales!
Post Sat May 10, 2003 6:20 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Wish List

Be sure there is a PDF file as good as the current one. And make the points and level system a lot bigger. I love getting 1000 points for stuff, it just sounds like I did something. And would love to level up a lot more times than in the first one. It makes you feel like you are getting something for your efforts. Great game, just need more of it soon.
Mark Twain

Last edited by Cm on Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat May 10, 2003 6:41 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Make the game a lttle less buggy, and all will be fine and I'll buy it (I didn't buy Arx 1... my hubby won it along with two truly terrible other games, but I was really happy he did win ).
Post Sat May 10, 2003 9:35 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Off-topic so I'll be brief. I won a JoWood Gothic 2 contest once - I was mistakenly under the impression the prize was G2. I actually won...Gorasul...
Post Sun May 11, 2003 1:29 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Check this out.

http://www.stygianabyss.com/

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue May 13, 2003 10:09 am
AutumnZen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Arx 2 Wish List!

I liked Arx Fatalis, for the most part. I think it was a great first effort from a game designer. Keeping that in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing the following included in the next version of this game.

* All ten number keys should be hotkeys for either magic or using items in your inventory.
* The level cap is way too low in this game.
* There are not enough side quests.
* Distributing skill points at the initial start of the game, has a severe negative impact on the game if you don't choose the "right" skills.
* There are not enough in-game clues as to what you are supposed to be doing. This leads to a large amount of wandering around trying to trigger the next in-game cinematic. Without some sort of walkthrough, this game is almost unplayable due to the lack of in-game clues and the journal not always keeping an accurate record of what's happened.
* It's too easy to "break the game" by wandering into areas you are not meant to be yet, or by killing an NPC.
* You should not stick to NPCs while walking past them. This happened to me at least four times in Arx.
* NPCs should be smart enough to allow you to pass them. In addition to sticking to NPCs I had the old fisherman block my exit from his house and it took over twenty minutes for me to finally get him to move enough over that I could get out. I had guards block my path down walkways because I couldn't go around them.
* The quest log is abysmal. The quests should be ordered by whether they are primary quests or side quests and the log should state which ones are completed.
* The journal should be separated out from the quest log and allow the player to write their own notes.
* The main map should allow for notes to be inserted by the player.
* I know many people love the mini-map, but my opinion is that without annotations the mini-map is almost useless.
* It would be nice if the character creation was more flexible. Allow us to play as any one of the main races in Arx, male or female, each having their own unique abilities.
* The magic system was outstanding! Other than exanding on the spells, some more ranged attacks like stinking cloud, or web would have been nice, I think you hit on something really very cool.
* I liked the lack of music. Just hearing the effects really placed me the right atmosphere. Since many people want music and some don't, make the music, effects, NPC speeches, all configurable, that way everyone gets what they want.
* One thing I've always like about the most recent RPG style games is that the more often you use a skill, the higher it raises. I think this is a damn good idea and would like to see it incorporated into Arx 2.
* There is a tendency in today's games to make them shorter to go through. I don't like this trend, especially when it comes to RPGs. I want to immerse myself into a world and explore and learn everything about it. Arx was way too small of a world. While the setting can still be underground, the vistas can still be on a grand scale.

"If we let people see that kind of thing, there would never again be any war."
-- Senior Pentagon official, explaining why the U.S. military censored footage showing Iraqi soldiers sliced in two by U.S. helicopter fire.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 4:38 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next