Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Sweet Robe found! (+15 Health and +15 Fatigue per SECOND)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

Sweet Robe found! (+15 Health and +15 Fatigue per SECOND)

I was bumbling around hopelessly looking for some necromancer in some city I couldn't find on the map (Balmora Mage Quest 3 I think) when I stumbled across a plantation on the southern edge of Marrowind. I departed the mostly angry denizens of the plantation and headed south into a marshland. Not very far to the south is a door to a cave whose name I cannot immediately recall but inside I became trapped with a nasty "mind-flayer" looking creature with the name of "Dagoth" SomethingOrOther. This guy was pretty tough for my level 10 Spellsword and I did lots of backing up, healing and potion drinking. I managed to finally kill him and got his head as a reward. Feeling a little jipped I started exploring his lava cavern with a levitate spell and I found a chest up high with an INCREDIBLE robe! It shimmers like liquid metal and keeps my health and fatigue maxed out. It's a constant effect and you wear the robe over any existing armor. I can't wait to get home and try it out more!

Sorry that I don't have more specifics but the cave is south of some plantation in the southern part of Marrowind. Find the plantation and you aren't far away. Be SURE to either have lockpicks or an open or unhinging spell. You will be locked in and must use magic or skill to open the doors from the outside AND inside.

P.S. Watch out for Dagoth! He was pretty rough and far too good at pathfinding for my tastes!

Invest in levitate! It's the best exploration spell you can get!

Regards,
Sindau the Unregistered
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:07 pm

Eluzhun
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

plantation meaning town? or like some farm?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:17 am
Grifman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The map shows a "Dren Plantation" - could that be it?

Grifman
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:17 am
edgar

The Dungeon is assemanu or at least thats what the entrance to the door is called, you need (at least I needed) two levitation spells/scrolls or forget about going for the robe (which is amazing btw.)
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:07 am

Ryan

Yes, the dungeon is Assemanu (NOT to be confused with Assumanu -- Found that out the hard way). It is slightly southeast of Seyda Neen, hidden on a small island in some trees. Who would've thought the best item (I've seen..) in the game would be right by the starter town. I'm sure they did that on purpose.

The robe is WAY too good. You can run without every stopping and remain at max fatigue, you are practically invincible vs any monster, you cannot drown... Basically the only thing that can kill you is standing in lava for a loooooong time. In short, GO GET IT!
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:11 am

Ryan

Oh yeah, and trap those Mind Flayer-esque suckas while you're at it. They make 80k soul gems.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:12 am

Thanks for clearing up my somewhat vague message Ryan.

I THOUGHT I got his head but it turned out to be some amulet of the 6th house I think.

SWEEEEEEEEET ROBE!

I haven't died since and really don't think I ever will!

Regards,
Sindau the Unregistered
Post Tue May 07, 2002 6:55 pm

zeddic

I found this dungeon and now I'm stuck

I found this while randomly adventuring, I'm a warrior/priest and don't have levitate!! I am stuck after trying to jump to across a chasm and now I can't get back out because of 2 sheer walls .... Does this mean I need to reload?? from WAAAY back?

thanks
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:54 pm

Eluzhun
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

that robe should keep you alive if you just jump off, im not sure what you mean by sheer cliffs, but i jumped off of tons of stuff with that thing on and was fine.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:57 pm
zeddic

The cliffs on the entrance

When you first enter you can go straight, left and right. if you go left it's a dead end and there's a corpse killer? usually, if you go right you'll find a cliff which if you drop down you wont be able to climb out of. Straight is a door separated by a chasm (which eventually leads up to the sheer cliff stated above if you take the right path). I tried jumping this chasm to get to the door and almost made it. I fell and had to fight a caster zombie and took the left path first. I saw some lava pools and a corpse with indoril armor on. Finally ended on a locked door that said it led to some shrine. I opened it and fought a corpse killer in there. I was resting in there when this fire atronoch came blasting/running at me.. I killed it and kept going and then ended up in another wall with a cave up top that I couldn't scale either.. so basically the only 2 paths left for me has exits above but I can't climb up the walls!! I don't have levitate or fly and I'm freakin stuck. I tried dropping my equipment to see if that would help me jump higher but it didn't work either... any ideas?

thanks,
Post Fri May 10, 2002 5:56 pm

Helped

Don't you people have a scroll or spell of Divine Intervention?

Casting this spell teleports you to the nearest shrine I believe.

Regards,
Sindau
Post Fri May 10, 2002 6:03 pm

zeddic

a way out?

It does??? good... I think I may have one.. I'll have to check when I get home.. whew.. thanks
Post Fri May 10, 2002 6:45 pm

Edgar

I just wanted to add that since Ive had the robe the game is less of a challenge for me. I mean I cant get killed practically by anything and it has taken the fun/danger factor out of exploring new areas. In a way Im thinking that the robe's stats may be a game design bug/flaw since its so darn powerful.

I wish I had never found it, but yet I dont think I want to ditch it
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:18 pm

Kryptt

Had it for a while, it rocks.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:20 pm

Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ihave the boots of levitation so that makes it easy for me. I have scoured that entire dungeon clearing all the map to full visibility and still see no location that I have not been to and no robe to be seen. Yes, I am in Assemanu, on the small island. What am I missing here? Only thing I have been finding is some decent medium armour, shield and pauldrons of some name I forget.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 12:09 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next