various things bout g2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
oE|Crusader
Village Leader
Village Leader

various things bout g2

the story is nice, the guys are nice, and ill go on bout nice things later for now

AI:even though the news system rocks the ai is still horrible at using the terrain

ie: i went into the farm and climbed onto the hay bales right to the top, then i began shooting farmers, who then ran to the hay bales and began climbing as i shot them, i killed em all (the works) then killed the sheep and skinned em. No trick to it, just get a block higher than ai and they dont stand a chance. Also if you use a sword the same way the farmer falls off the bale, climbs back up, gets hit, falls, and on and on and on.

Breaking the script:i dont know if its possible in g2 but in g1 you could break the script into pebbles. Say you turn into a bloodfly and fly up the mountain, then unlock sommat thats 2 chapers ahead (i got the rage steel at level5!) I dont know if the script is breakable or not

My wish list:

arrows:i wish you could pump someone full of wood then remove say 50% of the arrows? Also i wish ai would have a defence against arrows, they just run at you and get shot, if they ducked and called for help it would be cool.

goods:when you kill pplz i wish you got all their stuff, for instance, one trader had 1000 gold worth of goods on him, i robbed him and got maybe 10%

thrust (er attack, dont get any strange ideas): if you could maybe hit the attack key twice and it makes you lunge foreward and stab em straight on?

the news system:grr, i h8 it when i piss of an important charecter and he wont give me the quest! but i dont want a g1 like thing where you go to sleep and its all fine. Maybe they forget after 10+ days?

A "battleish" battle: you know the g1 intro? with all those troops? i would love to fight with like 20 ai against an army, ohh, so sweet.....................
Post Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:35 pm