Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Some questions for a net game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > RPGDot Games Server (NWN)

Author Thread
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Some questions for a net game

Great a server for NwN.
I recently played NwN and I found it a good game.
I want to play it online with other players that shoulds really good to have save fellows share fun and action with during the game.
I have read the server rules and faq and I have some basic-stupid questions.
I had NwN 1.11 version... I dont know which is the laterst version but I think I can find it if I goggle it.
I dont know what the hak files is.Can someone explain what it is and how I can fix this to play online?
I have a 56k modem so I suppose I cant play online from my home.So if I go to an internet cafe and install NwN, install the latest version and fix the hak files could I play it from there?
By creating a new nick and password you mean like making an account as you do with countestrike?Do you need the cd key to do it or you can create an account free like you do with lineage2?
When you start a game you begin with a character level 1 or you can save your character from the single player and load it to the online game?
I think thats all I wanted to ask.If something pops in my head I ll post again.
Thanks in advance.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:35 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

O.k., let me see if I can help you with this. You need the game and all the expansions to play online on the dot server. That is Sou and HotU.

Then if you have them, just load the game. You should have your internet connect already on first. You will see the update option. Just hit that and it will do all the work for you to get all the stuff installed you need now. The CEP is part of the autoupdate now. So you don't have to look for any haks unless you are told to in the server session requirements for a particular mod.

You should be able to figure out the password stuff easily. It only need be done once for your machine, to protect you, and tell it to save info for you.

You should be able to log in and play on 56K. Others have. It may cause you a bit of lag, but try first before going to cafe.. Either way, you do need the cd key if you install it somewhere else. The password and id is for your connection info. I don't know about other games. The password to join the game is set out in the faq, so yours should be different from that. That one is needed later when you join the session.

If there is a session you plan to join here, post a requests for the DM to load a bit early, and then if you have problems, they can help. If you want to try accessing the PW let me know when and I can be around if possible to help. Hope that answers your questions. It really is easier than it sounds. Main thing is having all expansions and do the update.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to answer character stuff for you. If it says bring local character, that means one you made and have on your pc. If it is a PW you must make your character on the server where it is saved for you. A few mods we play may say server as well, that means build when you start. Go to the NWN official site, and find the list of mods there, not the premiums, the "other" and get and download the "Halls of Epic Training" (I may be off by a word here) and you can use that to build a character to any level you need. Enjoy.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:18 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Lots of thanks.I ll also check if the net cafe has already NwN installed by itself.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:08 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Try out the PW it's fun and not too hard. You can invite friends along too. You may create several server chars if you like, so you don't always have to play the same class.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:03 am