Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Armors!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I was wondering about something....i have clothes from the sect camp now because i became a Novice there, i went to the oc and bought the most expensive armor from fisk...but it's not even stronger than the outfit i'm already wearing..my question...where are the armors for anyway? all they are is being weaker than the clothes you get when you join a camp...and is it true that you can join 3 camps? i mean i havent got the chance to join the nc yet...sup wit dat?
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 1:28 am

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Um...ok :/
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 2:39 am
Jabberwhacky
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Fisk's armor is total newbie armor. The next step up you get later on...when I joined Old Camp, I got the chance to upgrade armor (they gave me a basic set and told me to go see Gomez if I wanted to buy even better). Then later on, as you get farther through the game, you can buy more armor.

I don't know how to join NC, and frankly I don't see why you would want to. OC sucks, you don't do anything for them, and Sect lets you be templars which get magic, so why the hell would you want to be in the NC?
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 2:52 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You have to join one of the three camps.

See armour as a reward. You solve quests and gain more experience, your boss decides you are worthy of wearing a better armour.

Armour is a status symbol. You will see shadows run away from you because they know you are really badass.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 3:46 am

wow, that's great...can i find someone like fisk in the sect camp too? someone who sells armors?? i'd like to see a sect armor :smile:jabberwhacky i want to to everything possible in this game...getting the most out of it...so eventually i will have joined all the camps..
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:10 am

Faelon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When you first go to the Sect camp, one of the gate guards will offer you a loincloth in one of the conversation theads. You have to have the ore to buy it, but it is the equivalent of Fisk from the Old camp. Any armour after that you should get from one of the Templar. In the New camp you can get newbie armour in the New mine, and one of the Mercenaries in the cave will sell you better armour. This is all according to your status in the relevant camp, of course.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 10:07 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Just to clarify...you can join the New Camp if you do the right quests and are level five. But you can only join one camp per game, so if you already got the free armor for becoming a novice then you ar in the Sect Camp and cannot join any other camp or get better armor from those camps. Unfortunalely Sect camp is the only camp that doesn't sell armor. You have to earn it as a reward for services. This is probably because at the sect camp you are training in a sort of eastern culture kind of samurai thing. So you would be roleplaying a tough but honorable guy so you don't get a bunch of ore by ripping off people and beating them up.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:52 pm

There is also my fav armor your leavin out heh, Inproved Ore armor, best in the game. the item is titled Ore_armor_h is ya care to know and if your not the inserting type, then maybe youll find it interesting to take a look

-Lvl 42 Member of the NC
Post Sat Jan 05, 2002 5:13 am

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-02 16:52, Brak wrote:
if you already got the free armor for becoming a novice then you ar in the Sect Camp and cannot join any other camp

As a member of the Old Camp I was offered free armor by the gate guard at the Sect Camp.
Post Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:32 pm