Beyond Divinity: German version in stores
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Beyond Divinity: German version in stores

According to the <a href="http://www.larian.com/" target="_blank">Larian</a> website, the German version of 'Beyond Divinity' is stores in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. While you're visiting Larian's site, check out their <a href="http://www.larian.com/Site/artwork/CarPG.jpg" target="_blank">CaRPG</a> April Fools joke which many sites took as a real announcement. *gg*
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:58 pm

May the beta test begin.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:59 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Get to work! I want the game to be spotless when it gets over here!
Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:02 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I find this policy of European companies (weeeel, mostly French and German, but it seems that Belgians also join the group!) annoying - I mean, really is that what it takes to release a succesful game in NA? The release of (or at least, more than 80% of the times) a bug-full version of the game here, so they can make some fast bucks to finance the Raid-sprays and the English translation (which is in most cases terrifying).
I guees so. Thank heavens I play English versions, but sometimes I really wonder if I don't miss something in the translation ....
Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:44 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

You might have done a tad bit of research before making a blanket statement about this. The base language of Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity is UK English. It is translated into German and any other language afterwards. The decision to publish the game is made by the local publisher. For Germany this is UBISoft.
The original releasedate was set for the end of march, in almost ALL countries. Apparently other publishers were willing to wait a bit for a better version and UBISoft decided differently. They also didn't want to invest any money in doing the voices in German. And they didn't do a lot of advertising either. as far as I can tell. To me it looks like UBISoft doesn't have much interest in the game or its players.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:32 am