Usergroups
morrowind then gothic 2 and then what? suggestiosn plz
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

If you don't mind playing older games, try Daggerfall (the predecessor of Morrowind) and Redguard (which is an adventure, but still a bit like Gothic).

As for newer games, Arx would be a good choice, and it's not *so* short (with a fe exceptions I'mnot a fan of birdy-view games, either).
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:19 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Arx is very difficult for new gamers. Especially learning how to cast spells. Or fighting.....its easy to die. Least for me it was when I played the demo.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:40 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I actually liked the idea they used for the spells, it's the up close fighting I didn't do so good at. The game was filled with some scary moments too, anybody remember the assassin?
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:59 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

It does have some scary moments. The one that really got me was the tomb in the crypt where the door closes, the lights blow out and........well save the details from those yet to play, but even when I replayed the game and knew it was coming I still jumped.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:46 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Cm
It does have some scary moments. The one that really got me was the tomb in the crypt where the door closes, the lights blow out and........well save the details from those yet to play, but even when I replayed the game and knew it was coming I still jumped.

Cm, you are pretty much the Arx master RPGDOT. You practically run the Arx forum! LOL.
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:34 am
curious
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ANACHRONOX!
ANACHRONOX!
ANACHRONOX!

that, the 1st gothic and system shock 2 are by far my
three favourite games!
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:39 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

That first big spider in Arx scared the wad outta me.
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:09 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Does anybody remember the assassin? Him stalking you made me jump like ten times, each time wheeling in the opposite direction and swinging my sword.
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:43 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Oh I remember him. The first time he showed up I died, I was so startled I let him get in too many hits before I even got close to reacting right.

By the time I got my brain in fight mode I was close to dead and his popping in and out on me made me forget to watch the health meter. Result, he takes the rest of my gold and turns his back and slowly disappears after standing over my dead body for a second gloating.

Edit: I guess we are derailing this thread a bit with memories of Arx. I will stop.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:00 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bleh. I don't know any new games that are good. All I can think of is all the old games I keep around for nostalgia's sake.
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:09 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I can only suggest Elder Scrolls I Arena and Daggerfall if you want something like Morrowind.
"Rest well hero, for tomorrow you travel to the kingdom of Daggerfall."
Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2