Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Where is Ignaz (and more rune stones too)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Where is Ignaz (and more rune stones too)

I'm already playing Gothic II a second time, now as a mage, but I still haven't
been able to find the alchemist Ignaz. He is supossed to be in the
port area of Khorinis, but where is he? Also, rune stones are prettyy rare in this game. I'm now in the 6th magic circle but I have only one rune stone left for the real powerfull spells. And I only created 2 spell runes per circle.
I bought all the rune stones from the mages and from some traders and quests. But it looks like there are not enough rune stones in the game to create a spell rune for every spell of every circle which would be strange. Maybe I missed something?

Kay
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:44 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Ignaz lives in the house behind the smith.
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:01 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

[MAJOR SPOILER] Here's the map of Gothic II. Make sure you have installed Flash Player. Click on "KLICKE HIER, UM DIE 'GOTHIC 2' - MAPS ANZUSEHEN" and then click on "Stadtkarte Khorinis".

Notice Ignaz is just west from the South City Entrance.
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:51 pm
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Indeed, there aren't enough runestones for all the possible spells in the game. Youn have to consider carefully what spells you need and what not.

Where you can get runestones:
- Gorax in the monastary ( of course )
- Milton: he gives you one in chapter two if you free Gorn and he sells you one in chapter six ( if you took him with you )
- Lutero and Fernando in the Upper City each give you one as rewards for quests in the second chapter, and later ( in chapter five, I think ) Lutero sells an additional runestone
- There is also one in Xardas' tower ( unfortunately I have forgotten which one )
- Bilgot the guard in the mine valley gives you one for bringing him to the pass and later to the new world
- Talbin the hunter in the mine valley gives you one for doing a quest
- And last but not least you get one from an escaped prisoner in the mine valley ( Geppert or Kervo ) for killing some Lurkers

These are all the sources that I know about.

Next, you should keep in mind that some runes can be found so it would b a waste to make them yourself. You can find Light Healing in the Pass ( new world, orcs ), Fear ( I've forgotten the exact location but there are several ), Ice Arrow near the stonehenge in the mine valley, Summon Goblin Skeleton in Xardas' chest in Sekob's house and the paladin rune Holy Light in the Pass ( mine valley, paladin corpse ).

So, all in all you can find at least five runes and get at least 15 runestones ( including the one that you use to make Fire Arrow ). That leaves 14 runestones. You should definately make Fireball (2), Lightning Strike (4), Destroy Undead (4), and Breath of Death (6). Also very good: Rain of Fire (6), Wave of Death (6) and Shrink Monster (6). Very cool: Summon Golem (4), Summon Demon (5) and Army of Darkness (6). Still four runestones left. Well, Medium Healing (3) is very good: it has the best mana to life conversion ratio and is more practical than Light Healing later on when you've got several hundred life points. Wave of Ice (5) is good for buying some time. These would be all the spells I'd want to have, and still two stones left for whatever of the remaining spells you like.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:05 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Thanks for the info. I definetely missed some runestones. Anyway, playing the mage was more fun than a playing as a paladine. Because you could use magic and still have good sword and bow abilities. First level one-hand and bow with high dexterity was enough to dispose of a (single) orc or orc elite fighter. Of course, attacking a group of orcs requiered some running. The replay value was also quite good. Because you got quite a few different quests as a mage.

Kay
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:16 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
[MAJOR SPOILER] Here's the map of Gothic II. Make sure you have installed Flash Player. Click on "KLICKE HIER, UM DIE 'GOTHIC 2' - MAPS ANZUSEHEN" and then click on "Stadtkarte Khorinis".

Notice Ignaz is just west from the South City Entrance.

That link doesn't work for meh, even thou i have flash installed, do u have another way
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:35 pm