Solutions to monsters that drain your stats
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Pesky Wabbit
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Solutions to monsters that drain your stats

Well I've been fighting this Greater Barrowwalker or some such in a tomb - I kill it, but it casts some kindof drain on me and my STR is lowered. I tried resting but it doesn't seem to come back. I got a restore strength potion and that brought it back to normal.

What i'm wondering is how to PREVENT the drain from occuring: what spell or potion would keep it from happening in the first place?

Also, the tomb I'm going in regenerates monsters every time I leave - I kill them, loot, leave, turn around and new ones are there. Would be good for leveling and good loot (lots of magical arrows and soul gems) except I cant afford that many potions!
Post Sun May 05, 2002 12:29 pm
Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

So far the potions are the only thing I know for this situation. The money is no big deal but it is a pain to fight three beast whent he first knocks your strength down to 45 from 82, makes the rest of the battle more interesting (Yes I know I can hotkey them choose not to). I notice that at level ten I get blight and disease less often from similiar monsters, so leveling is a good way to avoid magic.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 4:53 pm
yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If it is a blight or disease than there are potions and spells of resist (you guessed it) blight and disease. Also, higher End would help (I think). If it's a straight up drain via a spell I don't know anything to suggest besides higher Willpower (helps alot) or maybe resist magicka.

BUT tombs are like free money. All you have to do is trap one hunger in one of those soul gems and you've got yourself 1000 worth of item at a fairly low level. And that's a lot of potions...
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:26 pm
Ostrich

There are some Fortify potions out there (strength, fatigue etc), and although i havnt used them yet i would assume it would increase your resistance to things like that.

Ost
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:06 am

Restore potions that say give a timed amount.(restore str 1-10 for60 sec) will continue to regen your str for a full 60 seconds. ( AT least I think they have tiers like the restore fatigue ext.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 4:06 am