Help. Problems with game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
mcolton
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help. Problems with game

1. There are lots of places I need to get higher in the caves. Is there a way to levitate upwards. How.
2. Is there a trick to use jump. I can't seem to jump higher than a foot
3. How do you target a spell. I create a spell and save it.
When I hit number 1,2, or 3 the spell just goes off anywhere
4. I created a spell and when I try to use it, it says I can't. Why
5. That spell I can't use is saved in slot 3. How can I "unsave" it from that slot.
Thanks
Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:32 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

First off, Welcome to the Dot!

Go here and get the pdf file located in the support files on this page. It is a walkthrough of sorts, but more the game manual you should have gotten. As a first attempt at game dev. they missed the need for ingame directions. The manual makes up for it and really doesn't give many spoilers at all. You will need it.

As for some of you bullet points. levitate only goes horizontal. High items can be gotten however with use of telekinesis spell.

Jump is as you see it. But if you do it twice in rapid maner you can get it twice as high at time. A bad one for the game over all.

Target is just as with weapon, use the mouse. If it is a valid target and in range, you get the icon to turn gold. If your mana and skills are low, it will not do much damage or may fizzle, even though you have learned it and can cast it. You can have the spells memorized, but if you level is not right, you are blocked. Some areas of the game also have magical use blocks. No spells allowed.

You don't delete the slotted spells, just memorize a new one in place of it. They move from slot one over as you memorize.

Hope this helps, and have fun.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:06 pm