Usergroups
*spoiler* Would you?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
CarnalSalvation
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Join the OC your first time through the game if you knew the way things would go?

I think I still might have.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:58 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hmm... I like playing as a mage, so yeah, I'd still choose the old camp. Though if I play any other way (warrior, ranger), I'd pick the New Camp.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:02 am
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I would. The old camp is not all bad. Milten is there and I liked being able to become a fire mage.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:35 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I joined OC three times in a row now. I guess I just love to suffer. And then there's the question of looks ... I wear red and black IRL most of the time as well, at least at work, so there's this certain familiarity...

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:44 am
CarnalSalvation
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I always thought the OC armor looked coolest. Plus, WHO didn't want to look like Thorus?
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:12 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not want look like Thorus
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:15 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Thorus? Hmmm. Not sure about this. If I absolutely had to be a guy and look like an OCer, I'd choose... hmmm... let me think...

Jeez, this is a difficult question. I'll be back as soon as I know the answer.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:34 pm
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I joined the Old Camp (didn't everyone ?), but next time through the game (still on chapter 4 or 5 trying to kill fanatical Templars. I tried Golems but thet didn't 100% work), I will join either the New or Swampies.
The story must change slightly, as, I presume you can't get kicked out of the OC.....because you haven't joined it !!??

I am glad to hear that Gothic 2 is in the pipeline. It will have a lot to live up to.

Anyone who has finished it, have you tried going through the game again by joining another camp and is the story / experience etc; different ?

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:15 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

Retrospectively, I wish I had not played the first time through with the OC (I have played it 3 times now, once with each camp). The reason is that MOST of the quests and MOST of the things to do are centered on the OC (this seems where the developers put most of their efforts). So if I played one of the other camps first, there would likely have MORE "new" stuff to do on the second play.

This is the only real drawback to the game I find - the developers didn't program many differences as a result of joining one of the other camps. The quests are all the same. I still enjoyed replaying this much more than any other game, but it could have been so much better on replay.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:

On 2002-02-26 06:34, Jaz wrote:
Thorus? Hmmm. Not sure about this. If I absolutely had to be a guy and look like an OCer, I'd choose... hmmm... let me think...

Okay, I know the answer now. If it absolutely had to be, I'd rather ook like Asghan or his unnamed twin in front of Gomez' door .

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:08 pm
Bhaal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I like to play as a battlemage, so I joined the Brotherhood. Now I'm playing as a mage with a lot of strength around 73 and mana 147 (I think this is the max), Magic Circle 5, one-handed weapon: skilled, dex 26 (potions no skillpoints). So don't cross my path or you'll be a frozen duck before you're grilled.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:18 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I played as a member of the Brotherhood my first time through. I wanted to be a Templar... so I was.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:14 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

haha if I knew now what I knew then about the OC, I would have been level 1 shooting arrows at the bridge guards and work my my right to Gomez...
traitorous hethens!!!
How DARE they refute my loyalty!
*takes a deep breath, counts to 10*
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:28 pm
Alistair
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I wonder how many people joined any camp other than the old camp... not that many I'd guess.

I'm changing a few things for my second time through... I'll go New Camp this time, try and cast some spells (which I seriously under-appreciated first time through) and I'm using GothMoth, which has a very slightly different map to the original game. I've also switched to using the mouse, which I didn't bother with before, and turned off the level of detail stuff for the objects and the landscape, which gets rid of the annoying pop-up effects with high view distances...

Hopefully, all that lot together should add up to a different experience...
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:02 pm

I played the first time in the old camp and got all the way into diegos palace and was accepted by him. Then I decided he looked too much like satan and I didn't trust him so I restarted the game and won it for the brotherhood of the sleeper. I love the sleeper!! Being a templar is cool cuz I always had a little magic and a lot of smackdown, plus I got to smoke a huka an awful lot!
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:23 pm