Lionheart?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Desert Dawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lionheart?

Ha..Got Ya...I bought a copy at 5:00 pm at EB games in the local mall, plenty of copies. I've played for 2 hours and the game has a strong storyline. People, places and things I've actually heard of before. It sort of gives off a good feeling playing it. The combat so far has been above par with the demo, but I'm playing with the pre-generated male human and haven't gotten a ranged weapon or spell, if thats possible, yet. The wolves and goblins move fast at me, but I'm ready with my sword. Sound FX is great as are interactions with other people. The graphics are very good, but still have yet to see alot of magic spells.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:03 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Excellent! Keep the impressions coming (especially for those of us in countries where it isn't released yet).
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:52 am
oozle
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Is this game any good? What are the final im[pressions of gfx? I've been put off by this b/c of gfx
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:06 am
Desert Dawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay 12 hours with..

The feel of the street lends itself to Baldur's Gate I & II and the UI resembles P:T as does the dialogue. I've had 3 companions and 2 of them at the same time. All though two of them have died and one has left. One had a quest I wanted to complete, but he accidentally died. Well, it was more on purpose from the lava troll. Well see how it affects my other quests. From what I understand, like the first 10 hours of play do not get deep into the story. The pause button is not a problem for me. No, I can't issue orders while paused and yes a few of the monsters move 'quickly' at you. Remember how the big recticle surrounding the skull and cross bone cursor that appears when your over enemies? As long as any part of the circle is over the enemy when you push the mouse button you will attack him physically. When your done you'll need to select a new enemy to attack. The companions are completely computer controlled. You can not give them anything. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, except they let themselves die before the run away. It is starting to look like the balance between fighting and talking is going to be close to P:T. It is still a strong story and may get better.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:56 pm
oozle
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thing i hate about this game is that although some backdrops are pretty, but no matter how pretty they are u really feel as if u're playing some sort of RPG version of Pac Man. Even in terms of the backdrops, many are very bland. The colors are dry, especially in the forests. There's no life to the sarroundings.

No matter what I do, I can't come to terms with the fact that it's a 2D game in 2003.

Also, the animations are horrendous! They might as well have had stick figures moving up and down the screen.
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:56 am
Dhruin

Not to reignite this argument again but many of us are fans of 2D ISO games. In 2003, too.
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:06 am
Larinson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I agree, a good story line and good gameplay makes up for graphics. And personally I prefer 2d anyway .
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:02 pm
Bugracer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Played the game now for 6 hours.Game rocks ! I do share the combat is too fast and can give commands while paused.. no biggie. Voice acting is amazing and I love the game. Now gota stop writing so I can play more.
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:17 pm
oozle
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Were the gfx of Baldur's Gate II and Planescape: Torment superior to those in Lionheart?

I never got a chance to play those two games? Which had the better isometric gfx?
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:11 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

No of course not. Lionheart has much better graphics than those two. In fact P:T can only be run in 640x480. BG2 gfx somewhat reminds of Lionheart, but Lionheart has char animation on a higher level.

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:28 am
DMC23
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Anyone figured out a way to run? I keep getting gutted by goblins cause I "speed walk" instead of running like a little b$$$$.....LOL
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:10 am
Dhruin

I believe that movement speed is tied to agility, so you may want to design a high-agility char if that's an issue for you.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:10 am
oozle
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

How many cities/towns are there in this game?
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:18 pm
Dhruin

While I'm not positive, I think there's two cities.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:16 am
Gish
Almighty Gish
Almighty Gish

just two??? that seems kinda low...
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:49 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next