Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic III Soundtrack samples and upcoming public showing :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hehe yeah, that's what he says. I love Baal Netbek!

Also, our main guy actually has a few good comments every now and then. I believe they've focused on not making him the stereo-type superhero guy. I really like that about him, although sometimes he can get too cocky with people like Lord Hagen and Pyrokar. They are fairly high ranking you know.

The only one he seems to really respect is Vatras. He is always serious when talking to him, and when he wants to come aboard the ship our hero goes "I'm honored to have you with me" etc. I can see why, Vatras is the only really high ranking man who's not an arrogant pig, hehe.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:49 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Yeah Vatras is like a friendly grandfather
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:30 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Exactly, and he always sets you on the right path, and has all the answers.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:33 am
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i wish u could be a water mage in G2 like in G1. i liked them more.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:56 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I prefer the Fire Magicians because I like to be arrogant, haha!

Still, I'd say the Water Magicians are wiser. Perhaps the Fire Magicians are more powerful in general due to their fire spells and all, but the Water Magicians seem to think things through a lot more, and are less arrogant. They're not overconfident either.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:01 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The fire magicians are obnoxious. All they ever do is sit around and abuse their positions to suck money out of their congregation. They're essentially TV evangelists.

I like how in G2 if you play a merc, one of them will ask you to murder Pedro. Later another will say they need Salandril and when whatshisname offers to kill him (which I thought was polite), he gets offended and claims that they would NEVER endorse a murder. Fat. Disgusting. Hypocrites. Whatshisname pegged them in G1 as lazy opportunists and he was right.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:02 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

And the sweet irony of it all is that it's the same guy behind both requests - Serpentes. I never liked that one. He's also the only one in our time except the main hero that managed to pass the Test of Fire in the way our hero did. Also, Xardas was a high ranking fire magician as well. It seems the fire magician, Innos' most trusted servants, can be corrupt like everyone else.
Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:09 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

bah , mages are for girls a real man fights in close combat steel to steel using his body and own strength , not some sissy ass range attacks

I wondered in the first gothic remember at the end you recieve the ultimate attack if you're a mage you get a rune and for the warrior you get that sword , what did the rune do what did it look like? was it really cool / powerful?

I dont remember Gothic that well its been along time since i beat it but i remember alot of the Fire Mages were pricks , but remember that one mage waiting outside for you when *insert spoiler here* happend at the old camp and hes waiting outside the front castle road he seemed alright.

But if i had to choose Fire or Water mage i'd pick fire because fire is my favorite element , water well i dont really like water or ice attacks.

I like magically enchanted swords , with fire or flashy attacks thats some cool stuff like the one in the screenshots of Fable
Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:25 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
I wondered in the first gothic remember at the end you recieve the ultimate attack if you're a mage you get a rune and for the warrior you get that sword , what did the rune do what did it look like? was it really cool / powerful?

It is called the wave of death.Defiently the most powerfull and coolest spell in a game. During the prelaunch stage a mage nearly kneels on the ground while he is surrouned a red magical light,Until he raises and brings up his both hands.Then suddenly the earth quivers.A huge purple wave of magic energy surrounds him and at once this wave moves to every direction with tremendous speed by killing everything on it's path.

quote:

I dont remember Gothic that well its been along time since i beat it but i remember alot of the Fire Mages were pricks , but remember that one mage waiting outside for you when *insert spoiler here* happend at the old camp and hes waiting outside the front castle road he seemed alright.

Yeah he is "Milten", the same quy who helped you to echant the sword. He is defiently alright
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:38 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Just a reminder, the public showing of G3 is nearlly upon us .

Some of you attending it must obtain us some goodies, info/pics/videos/interviews yes yes .
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:28 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Here's the link to the sticky thread about the public showing: http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=572581

Last edited by Jaz on Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:01 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

heh, you forgot the "h" at the start
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:43 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

*whiz whiz*
Give me an H!
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:43 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You never seize to amaze me Jaz! That h really came out of nowhere!
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:23 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4