Usergroups
marten's idol
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Well i'm stuck. I got the quest to go find the savant ship's coordiantes for my t'rang allies but i can't make it up to raydin, where a ship supposedly crashed. the sentinels just slaughter my party, now all lvl 11. the beach nearby has ship parts but no coordinates. so i guess i need to train, and the only thing i can think to do is find marten's idol and go back to trynton. problem is, i've searched everywhere in the t'rang area and can't find it. the only place i can't go through some guards say it's off limits..i would assume i can't just kill them since i'm their ally at the moment...any hints or help?
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:34 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Well...I don't want to give too much away, but....

if you got to the ship on Bayjin, did you get the black box?? Do you remember seeing a machine in Arnika that could analyze that box??? If not, you should have.. It's in the area that is roped off and a sign that says something like "HLL Higardi Lunar Legion"...

You have to activate that machine and then get the coordinates from the box...

If you haven't activated it yet, let me know..I'll post more spoilers..

BTW, don't worry too much about the idol yet if you don't want to; there's more to be done before you do that quest, if I remember right..(I've only played through one time.. forgive me if memory fails!)

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:57 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Hmm..I DO remember that spaceport in Arnika and had tried that damaged box, so I did think of doing that. Problem is, I can't find any other flight recorder. I guess my real question is, is the flight recorder somewhere on the beach and i just missed it, or do i have to fight through these impossible creatures to reach it in bayjin..i'd be pleased if it's just on the beach and i missed it or something..i'll go see..but please tell me if you know..thanks
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:53 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

As I said in your other thread, this black box should be in or very near wreck of ship in Bayjin.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:17 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Do your self a favour: Go to the Umpani's first and follow there quest for awhile until they also send you to Bayjin. (Boosting your characters)
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:01 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

But I already allied with the T'rang Michael C...hmm I'm just killing and dying horribly in Bayjin at the moment...guys ... just tell me if the box is in here somewhere otherwise i'm forced to kill everyone in site in bayjin
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:16 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-03-01 02:16, madglee wrote:
But I already allied with the T'rang Michael C...hmm I'm just killing and dying horribly in Bayjin at the moment...guys ... just tell me if the box is in here somewhere otherwise i'm forced to kill everyone in site in bayjin

You can kill everything in Bayjin. Though it could be better to complete more quests (as Michael C said) and become stronger, because Rayjin are very strong creatures.
We gave you answer in your another thread about that...
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:18 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Don't mean to be redunant, but what other thread. I mean, I love this game, hate to be told what to do, but I just wanted to know where the box was..figured out on my own that the box would need to be checked out in the spaceport, but I was just wondering if i need to invade the bayjin's to find it or if it was somewhere on that beach..no disrespect, may just be drunk at this point
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:35 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-03-01 02:35, madglee wrote:
Don't mean to be redunant, but what other thread.

In thread with name The black box for T'rang quest

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:42 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

The beauty of this game, is that you can do and go where you please in this game, we just recommend you a good path for your low level characters, so we don't have to here about your complains about how hard this game is. I also did as you do in my first game. Go where I please to go, but you often end up in very tough and timeconsuming battles. Each hes own pleasures!
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:49 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I wasn't trying to complain. Typically, I love to just explore on my own and only ask questions when I'm really stuck, but since this forum seems somewhat dead, I thought I'd ask stuff I was confused about. Besides, something about Wiz8 is a little irritating. I mean, this is a VERy well designed game, but I'm not the best with random/non-story encounters and sometimes get frustrated. Props to you guys for bein' patient and answering..I'll shut the hell up if you like. BTW...got commoner!
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:59 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

No, we do not want you to stop asking...
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:12 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

No, by all means ask away. It's always nice to have some life in a forum which is covering such a good game!

If I should give you one advise in your exploring mood, it would be like this:

Go explore as your heart desires, even to places where no one have setup a quest for you yet. You will find a lot of unsolved problems which not all can be solved right away, but may need some development in other quest first or just a missing item, which can be found in another place of this world. Just write all the problems down and keep going exploring. At some point you will stumble over NPC's or items that will solve these missing but not forgotten problems. The puzzles will come more and more together in the end!
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:16 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

A good rule of thumb with this game is, if you end up trying to fulfill a quest in an area where you keep dying, just go nose around somewhere else; you're dying because you aren't really SUPPOSED to be there anyway.

Sounds like you need to advance the plot in other areas. I think the previous suggestion to spend time with Umpani is a good idea. Look in your journal. Are there any other quests you could work on right now? If so, do those.

Also, have you THOROUGHLY explored Trynton? I made the mistake of rushing through that area, and it cost me a lot of running around later. Look at your inventory, any unique items you haven't used (keys, orbs, etc)? Do you remember any doors or chests you couldn't open? If so, go back and explore those again, at the very least you'll probably be able to beat the monsters in those areas. Believe me, I'm pretty hard nosed when it comes to completing quests, but this game is not linear, and will punish you severely for trying to play it like that. Just because you are given a quest doesn't mean your characters are capable of completing it. Sometimes you have to accept the fact you aren't 'ready' for a given area, and sit and think of other things to do....

[ This Message was edited by: Sir Markus on 2002-03-01 03:50 ]
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:45 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Okay, all good ideas, thanks. Since I'm already allied with the T'rang though, can I just go and ally with the umpani by lying to them or will that make the t'rang automatically hostile to me? I'd love to work for both at the same time without either knowing...
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:28 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next