MONSTERS: Tips and questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Azel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

MONSTERS: Tips and questions

Well, i opened this one mainly because i have a problem with the magic golem. I started Gothic and developed my character evenly (yes, i know that's a mistake ) and i got to choose the mage path. But alas i need to destroy the magic golem in order to satisy serpentes and become a mage. Now, i have 58 str (well, 60 or more with dragonroots...) and wielding a nice 50damage mace. I faced the golem and hit it a lot of times, but to no avail. Its damn hitpoints bar won't budge a single hitpoint. I fought almost everything, even ice golems (pretty easy), but this damn golem is just too tough. Now, i just thought that a mace called "stonebreaker" would do what i couldn't do but i'm afraid this is just the hypothesis of a desperate guy -_-'

Also, this thread is meant to post some hints and tips how to fight monsters more effectively. For example, fighting orcs is quite easy. They charge when at a distance and everyone can have two strikes at them without risking a side axe strike. When they're too close, just back away a step or two because they side swing once or thrice. Just keep parrying and out of reach, anticipating them when they charge. Orc Shamans pose a similar threat: just dodge their fireballs and close to melee. They are less resistant, also.

Snappers tend to attack in mass, but just close enough to one of them, in order to have it spot you and come your way. You have to be careful to attract the attention of just one of them at a time. When it comes your way, just bait it for five, six steps away from the pack then mince it .

Azel
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:02 am
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

For the magic golem u need to find the magic hammer in the monastey's basement.and use only that weapon to kill him!!!the magic golem doesn't die otherwise!!!!u can keep hitting him with a 10000000 dmg sword have 90% in fighting skills and 999 in strength and u still won't be able to damage it!!!!

And to fight monsters it depends on which weapons u use, cause if u use magic or bow u can't go and hit orcs all u want!!!
if u r very good in bow or xbows then u can shoot them from very far a lot of times and they just die like that!!With magic!!! when u first encounter an orc u 'll have to use the ancient tactic hit n run !!!!!
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:15 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

witht he sacred hammer, you only have to hit the magic golem once.

(i don't know exactly anymore, but i think you won't get any exp for him)
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:39 am
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I think u get the xp when u finish the quest !!
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:33 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

yes, but i did it when i was a merc.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:49 am
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

then it may be true that u don't get ne xp!!!
but when u're a novice/mage u get xp from finishing quest!!
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:56 am
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Only paladins dont have to do that..
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:57 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

thats true, as a novice, you ust kill him with the sacred hammer, and as a merc, you must get the sacred hammer for the judge, and if you are smart, you first kill the magic golem then.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:10 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

i forgot something !!!
Where exactly is the magic golem ???And also the other golems ??
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:57 pm
Azel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks guys

Thanks guys. I almost immediately thought i would need to find a magical weapon because it was too strange i could do even a slight damage to a golem while i killed a black troll!
But i totally forgot the magical hammer, damn it!

As for the golems. The magic golem is found taking the road that leads to the ranger's camp where there is the guy who teaches you crossbow skill (can't remember his name) north of tavern. Just follow the road and take it uphill. The golem is on top og the hill, just in the trees to the right (you can see the bridge before he catches you making the ground tremble).
As for other golems...i found ice golems in the mines valley. They're quite easy to beat...just dodge the freezing bolts they cast at you.

Again, thanks...i'm going to smash that damn golem down

Azel
Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:29 am