FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How old is an Wizardry 8 Player today?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Garrett

Just wondering: Wizardry 7 was released back in 1992 and in the meantime a new generation of CRPGamers has formed. Are you playing Wizardry 8 or sticking with MMORPG's only?
I am 32 years old, so I know the older RPG's...
Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:22 pm
Bigfoot!
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I definitely plan to play Wizardry 8. I'm from "the old school"--playing CRPGs alone and not online. Of course when I started playing them in the early 1980's there really was no "online" option And, just for the record, Garrett, I'll be *62* next year, so I think you're a young whippersnapper

Bigfoot!
Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:37 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Well, I am 38 now, and of course I will play Wiardry 8 - I am not terribly interested in MMORPG's - I like scripted decency more than online dOOdz *g*

Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:47 pm
lothario
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hiya,

I'm 36 and i'll definately be playing Wizardry 8. I've been playing the wizardry series since #5.

I've been in a lather wanting to get this game. I've been wanting it since March!

cheers,
James
Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:05 pm
Rangstrom
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I started with wiz1, 2 & 3 in 1988 and I've played 100's of cprgs since then but wizardry is the best. I don't play mms. I guess at 50 I'm too resistant to change(but if a good holodeck shows up...?).
Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:40 pm
merlin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

41 years old and play old classic RPG
(MM and Wizardry) and new (BG + Icewind...)

Try Everquest this year but prefer Single
player RPG (but NWN is exception)
Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 5:40 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm 25 and I'll most definitely be playing Wiz 8. I first got into Wizardry with Wizardry 1 on the NES. I didn't have a computer at the time, so I had never even heard of Wizardry. Back then, the only thing I had to base game purchases on was what was on the box.

I was used to games like Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy, etc.. and liked them a lot, but Wizardry blew me away. It became my favorite game ever. Better games have been released since then, but none have given quite the same experience for me.

When I got my first PC, Wizardry 6 was already out, and I played that. I played Wizardry 7 not long after. I loved both of them, but never finished either one. So the only Wizardry games I've played are 1,6, and 7, and the only one I've finished is the first one, but I'd still have to say it's my favorite series.

I've played the newer RPGs and enjoyed them, but I've been starving for another Wizardry-like experience. I thought Wizards&Warriors would be it, but it was mostly a disappointment for me despite some good qualities.

I have also tried out most of the MMORPGs including Everquest which had me highly addicted for well over a year. I haven't written off the genre, but I don't think I'll be deep into them again until they go through a few more generations.
Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 5:57 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I'm 24 but I'm not really new to CRPG's since I've been playing them for the last 12-13 years... Wizardry 8 is a must have. I'm am so sick of the 3rd person overhead perspective of Diablo 1 + 2 and the Baldurs Gate series. I love the 1st person CRGP perspective games of old like Land of Lore, Betrayal at Krondor, Dragon Wars( My first RPG), the M&M series, the Ravenloft games, Menzoberanzen, Wizardry 7, and Daggerfall.

Wizardry 8 looks to be about everthing I could want in a CRPG.

Edit: Oh yeah I don't care for MMORPG's. Why pay money for a game and then have to also pay monthly when I can have a more enjoyable time with a CRPG that cost me $40-50 and gives me 100+ hours of enjoyment...

[ This Message was edited by: Incindium on 2001-11-02 16:19 ]
Post Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Aelhyn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm barely 18. Never played any Wizardry games before. Am DEFINITELY getting this one! I used to play console rpgs only before, and just started on crpgs last year.

EDIT: I too would never touch a MMORPG. The most appealing online game to me is NWN, and I'm having doubts about that too.

[ This Message was edited by: Aelhyn on 2001-11-02 19:04 ]
Post Sat Nov 03, 2001 1:03 am
Annelid
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

<--27
Post Sat Nov 03, 2001 8:47 pm

Im 24 love single player rpgs. Wizardry, Might and Magic, Magic Candle, Gold box games, Realms of Arkania and Ultima is what I grew up on. I am pretty positive i have played most every major crpg to date. Its going to be a good year 2 old school style rpgs remember play Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken land on PS2 (once you beat Wiz 8 of course) so we can show the modern game industry there is still interest in the genre.
Post Sat Nov 03, 2001 11:41 pm

HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

I was born in 1968

and i am playing computer games since 1982.

c64 -> amiga -> pc -> what comes next

Hx
Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 1:58 pm
Aelhyn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Wow, youngest dude so far
Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 3:54 pm
Lolanthalas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm 15. I love the old CRPGs. They are some of the best. I'm pretty open-minded so I've tried all the current online games, except DAoC, which I should. They are fun as a game but nothing beats playing Might&Magic 3 or Ultima 4. I've played all the Wizardries, failed to beat any of them at this point. Erm. I'm still trying though. I've been waiting for number 8 for quite some time now and I've even managed to store money away so as soon as it is released to the shelves I can be there instantly.

"Hail Eris. Blessed St. Hung Mung. Hail Eris. Blessed St. Mo-jo. Hail Eris. Blessed St. Zara-thud. Hail Eris. Blessed St. Elder Mal. Hail Eris. Blessed St. Gu-lik. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia." - Principia Discordia
Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 6:20 pm
Aelhyn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Aww, nuts
Post Sun Nov 04, 2001 8:44 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next