Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Which features would you like to see in Gothic 3?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

What would you rather see in gothic 3
Better controls/interface
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Better graphics
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
More customization (make your own armor and weapons ect)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
More means of transportation (horses camels boats ect)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
More guild/jobs
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
More items and npcs
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Big cities
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Small cities
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
more cities
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Interactive siege Engines
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
To find out the heros name and history (thought i would add this for fun)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 39

Author Thread
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Which features would you like to see in Gothic 3?

I have found very little info and art, ect for gothic3 and what little english there is is hard to find so I thought that if we all posted Stuff here it would be easier for People to find so please post anything you find here and feel free to have debates make suggestions, ect who knows maby pb will even look at this site and take some of your suggestions into mind .
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:21 am
Spike86
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'll surely like interactive siege engines!
Think of it: you join with a group of orchounter and then go together to attak a orc city.
And you will use the battleram to destroy the walls so the OH can enter in the city and kill all the orcs!
and then....no more orcs!
It will be great!
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:40 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

More cities, each with different cultures and guards. each with other quests. each with other weapons, armor. and so on.
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:06 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

More city's. They don't have to be big just more city's or villages. I like the monastery and Onar's farm in Gothic II because they felt like small city's on their own.
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:24 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

deffenetly more NPCs and quests like for example someone in a forrest or cave hiding himself from creatures or wounded ppl somewhere waiting for help etc etc would be nice
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:10 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

horses would be great as long as you can fight, when riding them, it would get annoying if youd have to climb down everytime theres a fight, more and bigger citis would be great. Im not sure if i even want better graphics, cause if you really participate in a battle, then it would mean lots of lag with nice graphics. Like a slide show.
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:12 pm
Azazen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

exactly, more cites. but I hope that in 5 times bigger land than i G II couldn't be one big city. And creating your own armor, that isn't bad idea too. Mayby some more armor (not only for members of some gild), which you could buy form someone, thats good idea too.
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:39 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I agree with daedelus and neo_genisis but I would add, the choice of your guild would be much more significant and nt only in the 3 first chapters, that would even improve the replaybility of gothic even more
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:47 pm
SimCity
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Certainly more cities with more guilds in each city having their own agenda.
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:57 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Sorry I made you pick between clumped groups of things but the list would of been too big to spread it all out. Does anyone have any screenshots or movies or anything (doesnt matter if they are oficial or not) beacuse i have had trouble finding them. I think that You should have more guilds ect beacuse as said earlyer it would increas replay value, Give many more choices, and since you will prob be able to choose from more then 1 guild at a time to join it would give you TONS of choices to make so you could never realy get bored.
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:07 am
kazuma
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

id defenetly would like to see better graphics and much much more realistic and vivid enviorment
it should be like in the real encient world where thers like a big metropolin that is the biggest and strongs that got the biggest market and sea port and after the innerwalls u got the towns people and after the city walls you got tons of farms and after that the forst the swamp what ever and you got alor of villages poor villages that u can see dead cows and crops and happy villeges where u see children playing around , and of course some more citys each uniqe in her style music ppl clothing and goods.
and of course to add alot of outside npc like bards at the forst with a campfire
old deserted people at caves witches and nymphs at temples
yea they deffently need to add temples and shrines and even a dungeon of some sort and dont forget just plain animals like butterflys rabbits and stuff
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:18 am
Zocky
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What I would like to see the most, besides all those thing that was mentioned above, is the atmosphere like in Gothic 1. I just loved the feeling when you wasn't a hero, but just a ordinary prisinor, who was traped withing the berrier, where life was far from easy. You just really hada feeling it was hard times, and like there's not much you can do about all this.To me that was really great thing in G1, and I didn't really have this feeling in g2, and it would be cool if it would be in g3.

Thought g2 also had a good atmosphere, just not as good as g1.
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:05 am
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I can't decide between all those things , so i'll just say what i want to see in G3.

I would like to see an improved G2 and not a different game, like a lot of games which continue the series far, the game becomes totally different and if that becomes the case here too, i'll be very sad. I would like to see a larger world, with more cities, a few villages and farms, a merc camp too (i wouldn't like to see them go away). The graphics are good as they are, except for "Me" and some creatures being able to pass through the corners of houses or fall down from like 3 foot and die, but when i fall down from one of the tallest mountains in the game i don't, because every 2 foot there some kind of places for the hero to be able to stand and then fall again. I would like to see more kinds of injuries, like if some hits with an axe in the arm then u shouldn't be able to use that arm in combat, as a battle axe would chop the arm off without any metal armor. I want to see more people to interact with, but with different options for each person, I would like to see everyone have a name, but which wouldn't be visible until the person tells you his/her name. This would give the people more personality, give every person another voice maybe (not necessarily another voice actor, just another voice). Give those people different talk options. I like the idea about more means of transportation, maybe something like the silt strider in Morrowind, but with a risk of some kind of battle occuring during the travel, which you'll have to fight with (Fallout has implemented this little thing of travelling with merchants and every road you took with the merchants had more or less risk of encountering enemies, like bandits, or monsters, some encounters were friendly which you would meet a merchant, where you can buy goods at. Sometimes if you travelled with merchants, you could travel as a guard and get paid once arriving at the location, as some kind of one-way mercenary, but u could only do it once a week in the game, so that u don't get unlimited money so easily.).
(I hope that made sense )

I would be glad to see some more kind of people, maybe some inventors, bankers, noblemen (some kind like the Ore Barons in G1), a new sect (Maybe worshipping Beliar and another sect worshipping other gods, like the Sect Camp in G1),...

I would also like to see multiple endings which combine what you did in the game (Fallout has that too, during the game you made quests for good/bad and that would determine what would be the end, like i.e.: in Fallout 2 i had the choice of killing a ghoul town or rescuing them, i rescued them and by doing so they became a thriving economy which gave electrical power to the nearby city, which used to be superior to them.), maybe also make a Good/Neutral/Evil side to the game, like you can become a servant of Beliar and learn to talk Orc language and help the Orcs kill the humans (but so that the game could continue to a fourth game, make it so that you fail and the orcs get defeated by the humans and you barely survive, you got hit by a water mage ice storm and get into a coma for four years and the devs may continue) otherwhise if you choose that way of Adanos and become one of Adanos's servant then you try to keep the world in order and you need to help the humans stay alive, but not let them become too powerful as that would mean the end of balance between the orcs and humans, nor let the orcs get the upperhand, in this you succeed by letting the humans survive the orc assault on the capital city of Rhobar II (you on the other hand would also get blown by a fire shaman's bolt and would also be in coma for four years, this would enable continuality for a fourth game), if you choose to be a servant of Innos, then you will do everything in your power to overcome the forces of Beliar and kill the orcs (here you succeed in helping the humans survive the war, but here you get slashed up by an orc prime elite warrior (something like that) and you are in a coma for four years too). When u wake up, it'll be in G4 or in the expansion.

I wouldn't mind seeing different kinds of friendly beings too, ranging from friendly animals which will only attack when attacked, unlike the sheep which stay next to you waiting for being killed, to dwarves or elves or amazonic female warrior tribes (you'll have a hard time geting admitted there as "Me" is a man), or Woad Raiders, who learn everything about hunting and fighting to survive (these could be the sect ones worshipping new gods).

I hope oyu guys understand what i wrote here as i'm slightly confused too.

If you have any problems on what i said just ask and i'lll try to reply and explain.
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:38 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i hope they add an pirates camp to G3 also like they had in Gothic 2 addon it gave the game imo a very good feeling
Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:05 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I would definitly like to see more combos for mele and stuff but i would also like to see something like if someone casts a spell at you you can cast a counterspell but it takes mana away propotional to the spell strength or something like that almost like a shield. Also I think that it would be cool to start your own guild and as quests have to get people to join and stuff it would be realy cool.
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:05 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next