Entrance jump into mines
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Sue
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Entrance jump into mines

I have loaded the edge with ylsides armour and wall blocks, tried a running jump with a speed spell, but I end up suspended on the edge of the lip that marks the entrance to the mines. When I look down, my toes are under the entrance lip. I have also tried to levitate into the mine and from the suspended position - all to no avail, all methods tried too many times to count.

I feel pretty fed up. How do I get into these mines? Is there another entrance?
Post Mon May 24, 2004 12:38 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Welcome to the boards Sue. A few questions first. Are you pc or xbox? Do you have a copy of the maps so you can tell exactly what level and room you are in? If not go to http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10063 and find where you are and post it. I don't understand from your post where you are trying to get to. But I will be checking for your post to offer help as will others I am sure.

Edit: Choose the first Arx in the list and then check out the maps. If you want to you can go to support files and download the PDF which is great and has all the maps in it as well..
Mark Twain
Post Mon May 24, 2004 12:54 am
Sue
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay, I'm at no.11 near the teleporter. I have tried to go through the kitchen no.13, but the black dog thing kills me before I can do anything. I could try an invisibility spell here I suppose.

My stats are 10 strength, 14 Dexterity and I have focused on spell casting ability, lockpicking, plus object knowledge. I can go back in the game if I need to gain more strength, providing the Ylsides provide enough points. I'm at level 7.

Hope this helps you to help me! I look forward to hearing from you
Post Mon May 24, 2004 9:33 am
Sue
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oops! Forgot to mention - I'm using a PC
Post Mon May 24, 2004 9:36 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I take it from the black dog reference you are in the mines on level 8. Are you trying to get the secret weapon or were you just exploring? Sounds like you may need to get out of there and do a few other quests first. In room 10 you will see a small shoot sticking out of the wall, has a few rocks in it, on your right as you face the teleporter. All you have to do to get to teleporter is jump up on it as far as you can get and then levitate from there. Save first as if you get stuck in the rafters you can reload and just go a different direction. You have to zigzag a little to get over there.

Since you are using the pc I will remind you to get and install the patch if your version needs it. Same link. And the PDF is a good walkthrough if you really get stuck or frustrated. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Mon May 24, 2004 2:45 pm
Sue
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm trying to get the weapon made. The teleporter is activated - no problems with getting over the lava in this respect - its the lava jump from the teleporter onto the ledge that is in front, but at a higher level.

What I have done is to go back and kill as many Ylsides as poss, so I'm now level 8 and, by using a +1 strength sword, am up to 12 strength. I've done all the quests I can find and need to get the weapon to kill Akbah. I'm off to try again.

Any ideas on how I can ensure success???
Post Mon May 24, 2004 4:29 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You have to go in the kitchen and get rid of the dog. Rather than me typing it again, look for all threads on killing the black beast or level eight. And get the map for that level so you can see where it is you need to go. Run is the order of the day. You will find a side entrance into the mines off the kitchen. Run and find the dead dwarf and then back track and use the key you just found on him to get to next section. You can not get to where you want to be from the lava room. If you still need help after that post again. But there are plenty of threads on it already. Use search and limit it to black beast, then level eight, then making sword. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Mon May 24, 2004 8:54 pm