Cant kill green dragon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
waskus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cant kill green dragon

Ok, ive killed the ice/fire/rock dragon and now im after the grren one in the swamp. Now my problem is that i cant do any damage to it, i killed the 3 other dragons rather easy, but this green one, i cant make a dent in it, also them 2 dragon hunters just stand back and dont help or anything, even if i summond a golem the golem cant do damage to the dragon. I am wearing the eye, and it is recharged. Is it a bug? or am i missing something.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:18 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

when you entered the valley of mines, you had to go to oric in the castel first, he would tell you that there is a dragon in the swamp and that you were supposed to kill and not to forget talk to it with the eye of innos around your neck ( this means you had to kill the swamp dragon firtst you dummy .) after you had killed it you had to go to the alchemist table and recharge the eye of innos, go to oric - says to talk to the stone dragon and kill it, then to oric - same fire dragon and finaly ditto ice dragon. this means you did it the wrong way ( must have been: swamp/stone/fire/ice), and if you haven't recharged the eye of innos and wear it, the dragon can not be killed by you.

hope you have a earlier savegame at the beginning of your dragonhunt.

good hunt

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:29 pm
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

have you spoken to swamp dragon speaking with dragons takes their immortal flags off
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:45 pm
waskus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hehe yep i talked to it. But the game is so bugged i just found out i dont have to kill it, killing the 3 other dragons counts as killing all 4!!!! So now i just left the harbour on the ship to go kick some more butt:)
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:08 pm
kilmar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Weird. Green dragon was the first one I fought. Took all of 4-5 swings to kill him.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:43 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by waskus
hehe yep i talked to it. But the game is so bugged i just found out i dont have to kill it, killing the 3 other dragons counts as killing all 4!!!! So now i just left the harbour on the ship to go kick some more butt:)

That bug is in that game since the first version (1.2 that was released here in Germany. There is a way that sometimes prevents that bug from happening, go after the dragon in the order that Oric recommends (Swamp first, Stone second, Fire third, Ice last) and always report back to him after you killed one of the dragons.

The other way to be able to defeat him is to use the Marvin mode.

press b
enter marvin
press b
focus dragon and press o
press F2 to open the console
enter edit abilities
enter flags=0
press F2 again to exit console
focus your character and press o
press b
enter 42
press b
kill dragon
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:29 pm
waskus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well i play the game on my own hand, i dont do what npcs tell me too only when im totally stuck otherwise i just go around killing/exploring. I wantet to explore the snow regeon and wow a dragon, killed it, then omw back to the castle i came over this big mountain and ups a new dragon killed that one to, behind the lake was a smaller mountain and i found a new dragon killed it also, so i went back to the castle and well they began to speak about this swamp dragon:DD But no need to kill it if you just kill the other 3 and being lvl 35 hehe they can to a dent dmg on me and ill kill them in 4 svings or so, damn boring, these dragons a whimps, should have been much tougher to beat.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:26 am
Milten Rulz!!!
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

or you:
press c
type marvin
press c
highlight on dragon
press f2
type k
press enter