Have I....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Have I....

This is a sensitive subject with me because I think maybe I am obsessed with the Gothic series.

Let me clarify:

I check the boards 4 times a day....nah, not obsessed, only interested.
I have my browser auto-refresh every 4 seconds on the G3 site incase of breaking news.....nah, That MUST be normal!
I play G1 each day just to see how my "friends" are doing. Gorn and the boys might need my help........perfectly normal. I would gladly help my friends in the real world, and will....if I ever have the time to actually MAKE a friend.
I am a newlywed with a lovely wife, but I feel like I am cheating on Nadja DON'T say that! Nadja is not a whore! She is ALWAYS waiting for me to arrive....I almost said come, but...

And here is one that is totally true: I have dreamed I'm living inside the friggin game! I had a really tough area to try and beat and solved the problem in my sleep. I got up and tried it out and it worked!...........nah that is not obsessed. I am only multi-tasking.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:54 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

What only 4 times a day ? I check them 10 times a day for sure. But atm there aren't a lot of people posting so 5 times of 10 it's useless ,hehehe.

Perhaps you should go seeing an exorcist or something.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:43 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Ratavuk

Perhaps you should go seeing an exorcist or something.

Do they do housecalls??? I'm a little busy

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:54 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:

Do they do housecalls??? I'm a little busy

Yes of course, but you must have a credit card for that
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:01 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You know I think I might have the same problem, when i'm going somewhere, i'm thinking about the game, put in my own fantasy,
When I start my PC I automatic press the "G"-icon.
And when i'm playing the game I feel like I 'm a part of it and try to be as real as posible.
Actualy I don't have very mutch free time, and if I have some I spend it on Gothic. .[/b]
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:35 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to the club! Just wait to the point where you start going:
"Pass me that piece of Scavenger meat Gorn" during family dinners..
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:07 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Welcome to the club! Just wait to the point where you start going:
"Pass me that piece of Scavenger meat Gorn" during family dinners..

Well, if you have a friend that's also named Gorn and you're eating chicken, that mistake is easily made.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:03 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hehe yup!

I do have a friend called Gorn in fact, although he's on a boat on his way to the mainland of Myrtana right about now!
Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:38 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The Gothic series is a dream come true. I can honestly say that I've NEVER had a more joyous experience in any PC game (and I have hundreds) than the original Gothic. The Gothic games are easily (in my opinion) the greatest PC games ever made.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:06 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Yes but why are you telling that to us .
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:46 am
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Patriot
Yes but why are you telling that to us .

True, true bro I agree
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:31 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I'm not sure why people are not that impressed when i say that i'm a firemagician..

Help me guys. What am i doing wrong? should i just burn few unbelivers with fireballs?
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:22 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I do believe you have to set a few examples yes. I had the same problem myself, but when I burned down my own house they led me to their temple, gave me a white shirt(a bit tight by the way), and let me do whatever I want, when I want. They even cook and clean for me! They are a bit overprotective of me though, as I'm not allowed to go out more than a few times a day, but I *am* a very important man, so I can see why they worry so much.
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:28 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
I do believe you have to set a few examples yes. I had the same problem myself, but when I burned down my own house they led me to their temple, gave me a white shirt(a bit tight by the way), and let me do whatever I want, when I want. They even cook and clean for me! They are a bit overprotective of me though, as I'm not allowed to go out more than a few times a day, but I *am* a very important man, so I can see why they worry so much.

Today I ignited a postman with a fireball spell. He dared to question the will of a firemage. Now he questions no more.

Just as i am writing this i hear that the paladins are coming to honor me.They are all dressed for blue and their wagons seem to move without horses.Those wagons have strange flashing lights on the roof.I can see that our lord is with them.The might of innos is so unbeliable sometimes that it can silence even me, a humble servant of his.

Wait i can allready hear them outside my door.They say i should come with them...They say that for my own protection I should be moved inside the wagon as soon as possible.This wagon has bars in the window.They all are so kind and protective, that it is filling my heart with joy and warmth.

When asked about this temple, paladins of our lord assured that i will soon be there with you.This is a very warming vision.I can almost imagine the glory of this monestary.

"Paladins, I bless you all in the name of innos", i shouted and raised my hand.Dunno if i scared them a bit, because they got so nervous and started to fondle those odd runestones on their belts..I said "My sons, do not be ashaimed in front of a firemagician.I've seen even the strongest man to fall on his knees while witnessing the might of innos".

I can not write any longer. They say that my attendance is urgently required in the temple by the high councill.

May our lord be with us.
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:56 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Dez
I'm not sure why people are not that impressed when i say that i'm a firemagician..

Help me guys. What am i doing wrong?

Paladins get the girls;) The ladies think the robes are to feminine, and the "Dragonslayer" story just won't fly. You must remember MOST girls have never seen a dragon.....but I suppose you could explain that you killed them all(shrugs)

If you insist on telling them you are a mage, try summoning up a pet goblin skele for them....girls love pets.

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:05 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next