Diablo 3 not at E3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Diablo 3 not at E3

PC.IGN has an <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/704/704813p1.html" target="_blank">apology</a> over an Insider promo that apparently hinted at Diablo 3 coverage from E3. While the following statement is clear there will be no Diablo 3 at this E3, one obvious interpretation would be that there <i>is</i> a Diablo 3. Decide for yourself:<blockquote><em>While certain advertisements on IGN had hinted that Blizzard Entertainment would be showing Diablo 3 at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, it's unfortunately untrue. Through a gap in communication, the IGN Insider promo mistakenly implied that the game would be part of the coverage offered at next week's convention. Sadly for us all, this was simply a production error.
<br>
<br>Blizzard has no plans to show Diablo 3 at the conference, as they had told IGN editorial in the past. The developer is focusing all of their energy towards promotion of the first World of Warcraft expansion -- The Burning Crusade -- and will save any announcements they may or may not have planned for a later date.
<br>
<br>IGN would like to apologize for any misunderstanding the advertisement may have caused. Look for all of the updated info on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade from E3 next week, and all new Blizzard products as they're announced in the future.</em></blockquote>
Post Thu May 04, 2006 12:05 pm
randomdwarf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Geez! Even if Diablo 3 WAS announced, what's there to get excited about? It takes blizzard three to four years to finish a game after it's announced.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 12:48 pm
Hmmm

Who gives a shit about D3? Well, I know alot of fucktards do but D3 is the bane of all evil; action rpg wannabee crap which has been flooding the market for so long. I hope this whole so called action rpg games die but I'm only dreaming. All the retards nuthugging each other for games like Oblivion, well the future of rpg is grim.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 1:11 pm

ikbenrichard

quote:
Originally posted by Hmmm
Who gives a shit about D3? Well, I know alot of fucktards do but D3 is the bane of all evil; action rpg wannabee crap which has been flooding the market for so long. I hope this whole so called action rpg games die but I'm only dreaming. All the retards nuthugging each other for games like Oblivion, well the future of rpg is grim.

your even more negative then i am .
well for everything that dies something new comes in its place.
rpg dies? well then there is something nice invented to take the burden. the way of life.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm

doctor_kaz
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm not going to lament the lack of a Diablo 3. The formula has been so beaten to death. Red for health, blue for mana, click to attack. Open the chest that has five gold pieces or some randomly generated junk.

zzzzzzzzzzzz
Post Thu May 04, 2006 2:28 pm
Hmmm

quote:
Originally posted by ikbenrichard
quote:

rpg dies? well then there is something nice invented to take the burden. the way of life.

The problem is, whatever they're coming up with, it's geared toward 15-yr old console crowd who are too busy jerking off to Halo or Oblivion as second coming. Either that I'm getting too old for this shit. Yeah, that's it.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 4:53 pm

niteshade
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well I loved the 2 diablos, but I have to agree that most (if not all) of the companies trying to copy them have produced some pretty uninteresting games. Even one of their copiers once admitted that nobody had ever succesfully made a diablo clone.

So that's why I will be curious.....to see if they can actually make diablo 3 as good as it's successors relative to how inundated the field has become. They will probably have to shake the formula up a bit to succeed, the way they did with RTS games and WC3.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 5:36 pm
doctor_kaz
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by niteshade
Well I loved the 2 diablos, but I have to agree that most (if not all) of the companies trying to copy them have produced some pretty uninteresting games. Even one of their copiers once admitted that nobody had ever succesfully made a diablo clone.

There may not have been a clone, but I think that the general formula has been improved in a few ways, if not beaten completely to death. Sacred, in particular, I thought was a big improvement in some ways. So was Dungeon Siege 2.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 6:00 pm
ikbenrichard
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ikbenrichard
quote:

The problem is, whatever they're coming up with, it's geared toward 15-yr old console crowd who are too busy jerking off to Halo or Oblivion as second coming. Either that I'm getting too old for this shit. Yeah, that's it.

hehe yeh thats true. guess iam getting to old also.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 7:25 pm
niteshade
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by doctor_kaz

There may not have been a clone, but I think that the general formula has been improved in a few ways, if not beaten completely to death. Sacred, in particular, I thought was a big improvement in some ways. So was Dungeon Siege 2.

Well Sacred was unquestionably a Diablo clone, DS2 was more of a mix. In my opinion none of these games hold a candle to Diablo, but obviously this is all subjective.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 7:38 pm
Carpathic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, I have to say, that it seems more like a typo than a hint that there is a D3.

Aside from that, I lost most of my belief in Blizzard's ability after the absolute waste of time that was Warcraft 3.... I somehow doubt D3 would be anybetter.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 9:05 pm
Risine
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

a Diablo3 with the deep atmosphere of D1 and the gameplay of D2
Post Thu May 04, 2006 9:15 pm
Sid Fynch
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Kids.

If you were not in elementary school when Diablo 1 came out you would understand.

All those classics like Baldurs Gate, Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale were able to be made because Diablo resurrected the RPG genre.

There is no arguing this point, it is a fact well known to anyone familar with the PC gaming industry in 1996.

"Nature uses as little as possible of anything.”
Johannes Kepler
Post Fri May 05, 2006 1:53 am
niteshade
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

War3 was one of the most succesful and popular games of all time, but obviously when you shake up a genre a bit and bring it to new ground you will leave some people behind. If D3 is to be succesful they will probably have to do the same.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 2:08 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Sid Fynch
All those classics like Baldurs Gate, Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale were able to be made because Diablo resurrected the RPG genre....

So true. It really wasnt a bad game and it was as addictive as crack. Lots of gamers like the lite fare once in a while including myself - I'm playing Doom 3 right now and I'm loving it. If there is a D3 and a Baldurs Gate 3 I'll buy both. It is allowed.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 12:23 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next