View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Tattooed Priest
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help with the experiment and Ignas

Hi

I recieved the experiement quest from Ignas and use the spell on Valentino. I beat him up and when he got up I used the spell, no one was the wiser. So I go to Ignas to tell him and has doesn't say anything but "show me your wares". So just to make sure, I bought another spell from Ignas and used it on him, and still he says nothing else. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Tattooed Priest
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:35 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Have you tryed speaking to Valentino After you used the obvillion spell?
And the obvillion spell dosent always work. try atacking an oponent and get him mad so he chases you, then try to use the spell on him.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:15 pm
Tattooed Priest
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I try to talk to Valentino and try the spell when someone is chasing me (after I attack them).

Tattooed Priest
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:28 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The best way to fulfill this quest, in my opinion, is as follows:

First talk to Regis (he is the guy sitting on the bench all day across from Bosper's place.) He will tell you about his encounter with Valentino and how it cost him 50 gold pieces for rearranging Valentino's face (which I agree he needs badly)

Then wait till 4 am and meet Valentino beside Bosper's shop where its kind of secluded and attack him and give him the thrashing he needs. Take everything he has on him (200 Gold pieces and a key assuming you didn't pick his pockets prior to this event.) Use the oblivion spell on him either while he is laying on the ground in pain or after he gets up.

Then go back to Regis and speak to him about the event he will give you a ring he took from Valentino durning his last beating. Go to Coragon and he will initiate a conversation with you about how Valentino was robbed and couldn't pay his bar tab. Give Coragon the ring for 300 exp pts even though Corrigan won't understand why you are giving him the ring.

Then go to Ignaz speak to him and get the exp pts from him for using the spell successfully and that will open up the possiblity of learning a few alchemy potions from Ignaz as well as others from Constantino after you have mastered the basics from Ignaz due to the fact that you know a bit about alchemy and are still alive (Constantino things that is a very good qualifications I assume due to the fact that his last apprentice poisoned himself)

You can thrash just about anyone and then use the spell successfully and get the exp from Ignaz and the ability to learn a bit of alchemy from him and then Constantino after that BUT the way I outlined lets you thrash Valentino (who needs it) get the extra exp points from the conversations with Regis and Coragon as well...just my two cents worth
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:38 pm