View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

KF anyone?

first off, greetings to all!

ive never checked this forum out n i jus wanted to ask a question...

n i figured this would be a good place to ask...some of the other forums i chose either wouldnt load right, or only administrators could type, so here i am!

anyways, i was wondering if anyones played this bomb a$$ game called Kings Feild. theres like two of em on ps1 and one on ps2...its a very good game n i havent heard anyone talk bout it round here, so i figured i would ask...

lemme know wus up guys!

thanks

-porter

"You are not crazy if you talk to yourself. You are only crazy if you talk back..." -?

"Your mouth is full...full of disease. And yet, I still want to pull your teeth." -Knarnak
Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:56 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Don't know the game. Tell me what's so good about it?
What kind of game are we talking about her, Hybrid?
Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:50 am
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ah..

very very good game n my opinion...i beleive it came out around 95 er 96. its a first person rpg n you have no party. you swing your sword n you must wait fer your power to build back up or your swings wont be worth squat.

the newest one, kings feild, the ancient city, came out fer ps2 not to long ago n fer 50 bucks i feel i most def got my moneys worth...

but before visiting the anceint city i highly recomend getting the very first KF for ps1. prolly cost like 10 bucks if ya order it off the net...or you could jus have mine fer free. ive had my time with it. but anyways, can be sorta difficult if youve never played before. can be sorta frustrating as well, on account of it takes like 30 minutes b4 you get to the first save spot, n when you die, YOU DIE...and no swimming allowed!, lol. but you can put gate keys in where you save so you can warp back as long as you have the MP to do so.

you start off on the shores of Verdite n must slay your evil king father, er sum jive like that...magic was cool cuz you find crystals that have the power n em and when you use em you gain that spell...the more crystals you find, the more spells you get...me n my freind were so found of the game we would go up King Harvines tower, hold R2 (look up), n stare at the moon and stars jus so we could enjoy a smoke er two.....lol.....now thas dedication!

graphics, of course, where kinda cheesy, but hey!, were talking bout ps1 here...lol...not very much character generation envovled...you go up a level n earn more HP and stats, but you dont get to pick em...

equip screen was quite cool though...could equip swords, axes, sheilds, boots, gloves, helms. braclets, rings, amulets, etc. and there was even a hott key (select) for using herbs at a desperate time...many, many cool items envovled as well...n wus better is the game never grew repetitive, well fer me anyways...

KF 2 was a little bit better cuz you could level up a sword called the Exelector, but thas kinda silly cuz then you only have one weapon through the whole game. you could buy other weapons, but if you leved the exelector, you wouldnt need to...never beat KF2

but me n my bud from illinois spent many of lovely hours drawin out maps n killin lotsa fire breathin snails...twas a very fun game n im almost sorry i beat it! at least my state of mind was altered!

so all in all i love it...KF anyone?

thanks mike...

-porter

"You are not crazy if you talk to yourself. You are only crazy if you talk back..." -?

"Your mouth is full...full of disease. And yet, I still want to pull your teeth." -Knarnak
Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:28 pm
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

so no ones ever heard of this great game?

wus up?

-porter

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:57 pm