Usergroups
Message in a space fuel bottle
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > X2 / X3

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

G HEPTs still take down shields pretty quickly...but I generally think M6s suck to fly. They're cool as hell, can be fast and have nice shields but you can only dock at Equipment Docks so getting E-cells and trading is a pain. They're great as a OOS defence because of their shields and when you've got plenty of cash can make a good (but way overpriced) wingman.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:14 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Indeed. An Argon Centaur's duel GHEPT forward mount and superior firing arc on its top mounted turret can strip a capital ship or station in seconds. No loss to shield killing potential... though by the time you strip the shields the two GHEPT shots neccessary to kill any M3 are probably outbound. I get the whole "I'm yielding I'm yieldin -- *boooom*" fairly often.

I love the M6! They're exactly my style... with a strafe drive they can dodge well, with their shields they're tough as hell to kill, and with their firepower nothing stands before them (save capital ships, and the Nemesis or little overpowered Osprey can take out capitals without effort. Centaur can take a cap ship with a little effort... and a Hydra can too despite having less firepower than a Nova).

I love parking my M2 in the middle of a khaak infested territory and going about my empire maintaining business to the sounds of heavy fire and exploding ships, sure, but my M6 are definitely my favorite ships to fly... I own 3 (buying them while stockpiling weapons and shields for my next capital ship purchase. By the time 18 PPC have been produced I'll probably have made enough to have bought the last two M6s and enough to actually afford the capital ship I'm saving for).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:04 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2