Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Help with Bottoms Up, the ship and thieves guild.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Help with Bottoms Up, the ship and thieves guild.

Hi. I did these quests when I played the game before with no trouble but now for some reason I can't get them to work:

Bottoms Up: I first spoke to Rukar in the inn and he said to find someone to challenge him. I spoke to Randolph at the farm and he mentioned switching gin with water and not having enough money. Fine, so I go and switch the gin with water and go back to Randolph but I have no dialog option. Have I stuffed this up by speaking to Rukar first, is so how do I get it off my quest list?

Thieves Guild: I killed the bandits in the cave and got the fish with the note inside and let Halvor off. I chased the other guy from the market place and let him off but I've yet to get the message to meet Atilla. Is it essensial to do Nagur's false errand boy quest?

One thing I've never been able to do is sneak on board the galley. I hear you can do it by jumping from the crain but I always die in the fall and even if I survived the fall the knights would kill me. Is it actually possible to get aboard, loot it and get off again?

Lastly, is there a way to get at the storage are just inside the E gate behind Matteo's?

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thankyou.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:08 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I can only help you with the storage. Some one offers you a job there but I 'm not sure of that way but you can enter there once you are militia or paladin
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:13 pm
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Bottoms up: You probably have to speak to Rukhar again. And then to Randolph again.
Thieves guild: There are 3 essential things you have to do to connect with thieves guild. 1st, The quest with Jora, 2nd that fish you hafind in the mountains (Halvor) and 3rd with that Nagur's false errand boy. If you complete all by spoiling the thieves business they wont accept you. But in both cases Atilla will be waiting for you. When you finish these 3 quests speak to waiter in the Harbor (the guy next to Nagur), he will tell you that someone is waiting for you behind fish shop
You can get in that storage area next to mattheo as a paladin.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:11 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Bottom's up shouldn't have been a problem. Try talking to Rukhar again. You have to leave your stake money with him before you see Randolph.

You have play nice with all three thieves in town to be invited, so yes, you have to do the Nagur thing. But you get better prices for traing from down there if you've played nice rather than mean.

I've heard there's a way to sneak on board the ship, but never tried it. I always just waited til the end to go there.

I think there's a way from the harborside of Matteo's shop. But all there is is a set of leather armor in a chest. You can get past the guard if you are militia.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:14 pm
Blacklight
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I got onto the ship by walking over the rope the ship is moored with. Too bad I was spotted and cut to bits by a bunch of immortal paladins.

Twinks.
Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:28 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock

I think there's a way from the harborside of Matteo's shop. But all there is is a set of leather armor in a chest. You can get past the guard if you are militia.

You can use Thorben's furniture to get on the roof. Jump to the roof of Matteo's store and jump down in the yard behind the guard, now you can get the armor, when it's still usefull. And with any guild.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:23 am
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bottoms up: Speak to Rukhar, then Randolph, then get into Rukhar's chest (chest is in Orlan's tavern by the bar) and replace the gin with water at night when Rukhar is outside (22:00 Rukhar walks outside and sits till sometime in the morning), then talk to Rukhar and offer Randolph as a replacement drinker for the contest, place your bet (bet 100 as you will win if you do as I have outlined) go back to Randolph speak to him give him the 10 gold coins he needs then go back to the Tavern and Orlan will be outside and verbally assualt you for getting this nonsense going in his tavern again. Go back 2 days later and Orlan will tell you the contest is over and Randolph won (he thinks Rukhar had a bad day but lets you know he's glad its over and doesn't want it happening again) get the 12 gold coins from Randolph and the 200 gold coins from Rukhar to complete the quest.

Thieves guild if you don't turn someone in you must do all three (Halvor, Nagur, and Rengaru) before Kardif will initiate the conversation with you about meeting Atilla.

Sneaking onboard the ship can be done but every time I have done it I get caught by the knights and have to run and jump overboard or they beat me up. I use the wooden crane type device to climb onboard but there are knights posted there early in the game so you get caught as soon as you jump down.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:38 am
cheahkimsang
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I needed some help on the thief guild.

After I stoled the ring from Contantino and gave it to a women(couln't remember what her name was) in the thief guild. I ask her for other work and she gave me another quest. The quest was about finding 6 blood chalices(something like a cup that uses to drink wine). Then, I go search in the city and I only can find 2 of them. Can anyone tell me where can I find the others?

Thanks in advance.
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:17 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Here's the locations of blood chalices off the top of my head: There's one in Lehmar's chest. There's one in Valentino's house (go upstairs, there's an unlit lantern that is a switch which opens a secret room downstairs), and the Judge's house (the shield upstairs is a switch which opens a secret room downstairs). I hope that helped!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:15 am
cheahkimsang
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, it helps. Are those blood chalices all in the city?
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:21 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

You betcha!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:10 am