Usergroups
Gothic DOESN't Work PLZ Help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Shaqarava
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If I start up Gothic nothing happens what should I do does anybody know?? If i reboot the comp I do suddenly see the start up screen but normal start up I did have it working once but afterwards no more can anyone HELP Thanks in advance
Post Wed Nov 07, 2001 3:00 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Download Directx 8. If you already have it, go into the dxdiag and check to make sure there are no errors. If there is, reinstall directx. Also update your video card drivers if you havent't already. If none of the above works then go into startmenu and click on run. Type in msconfig and under the general tab click on selective startup. After that proceed to the upper tab startup and remove all the check marks. After this reboot your computer and try the game. If it works then go back into msconfig and recheck your starup programs one at a time. Once you check one reboot and try the game. Eventually you will determine what is casusing the game to not run. If none of the above fixes your problem then contact pirhana and describe to them your what your experiencing. You may not be the only one having that problem and they may have a solution.
Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 1:08 am
Shaqarava
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

done all you said and contacted Piranha but they don't reply what now ?
Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:00 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Do you have a high speed internet connection? If you do then redownload the file and reinstall it again. Make sure you remove the old install first. You dont just want to overwrite the old files seeing as it keeps your old settings this way. Remove the game completely and reinstall. You can all so try deleting the config file and ini files. Do a search in the gothic directory and locate all the ini files as well as cfg files and delete them. Don't worry gothic will throw them back in once you started the game.
Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 5:23 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

In the gothic.ini file there is a setting to disable the startup movies. IE the PB intro movie. Try disabling that and see if anything happens. I don't remember what the setting is, I think its obvious though.

Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 5:41 pm
Shaqarava
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Also the editing of the ini file gave no result i getting quite deperqte for I want to play. But can't and Piranha ain't replying either thanks though for the help If you happen to know I would gladly try that too
Shaqarava
Post Fri Nov 09, 2001 12:30 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

What does happen when you click on the icon for the game?

Sylvio
Post Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:40 pm