In need of a better one handed weapon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Arkan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In need of a better one handed weapon

I've currently got the digger's something, and it has a damage of 20 and strength req. of 10, but I can't kill half of the things I come across...several needed to finish certain quests...where can I find a better one handed sword?

I'm a master in 1-handed and have about 14 strength.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm
Ruslan Ismailov
Village Leader
Village Leader

Easiest way is to buy it from Fisk. Don't forget to increase STR to use better weapon (20 dmg is best weapon for 10 str).
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:58 pm
Arkan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Ruslan Ismailov
Easiest way is to buy it from Fisk. Don't forget to increase STR to use better weapon (20 dmg is best weapon for 10 str).

I think Fisk is who I bought my current sword from. It was the best one he had. Does he get better ones as my level increases or something?
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:04 pm
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

He get's better weapons while you go to the next chapters. In chapter 1 the only way to get a good weapon is to beat someone up or download a walkthrough to find the orcish hammer (50 dam 22 str). But you can't get anything better than a 20 damage weapon if you have 10 strength, so invest to strength. Edit: But for 14 strength the best weapon you can get is morning star (35 damage 14 str) you can get it by beating up some rouges in new camp some of them definatly have it. My suggestion is that you'd invest in strength, because the more str you have the more damage you'll do. If you have 100 strength and a 10 damage weapon the you'll hit 100+10=110 damage+ the critical chance to do twice damage.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:02 pm
Arkan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Killersan the Imp
He get's better weapons while you go to the next chapters. In chapter 1 the only way to get a good weapon is to beat someone up or download a walkthrough to find the orcish hammer (50 dam 22 str). But you can't get anything better than a 20 damage weapon if you have 10 strength, so invest to strength. Edit: But for 14 strength the best weapon you can get is morning star (35 damage 14 str) you can get it by beating up some rouges in new camp some of them definatly have it. My suggestion is that you'd invest in strength, because the more str you have the more damage you'll do. If you have 100 strength and a 10 damage weapon the you'll hit 100+10=110 damage+ the critical chance to do twice damage.

Thanks. I have 10 learning points on me, right now...should I just dump them into strength? I'm still in chapter 1 (duh) and currently in the mines.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:30 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

in chapter 1, you can smith a crude sword, i cant remember its damage, but i think its more than 20, you need atleast 20str though and i suggest you dump your 10lps in strength
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:31 am
Arkan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by kriksa
in chapter 1, you can smith a crude sword, i cant remember its damage, but i think its more than 20, you need atleast 20str though and i suggest you dump your 10lps in strength

Oddly enough, the crude sword only does 20 damage, as well.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:50 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

i think that you must dump them on str. and then go to the NC and beat some guys so you can handle the stone crusher.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:02 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

damn you guys are coldbloody, ive never beaten people up just to get their weapon, experience or for fun, I always beat them, when they have done something bad.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:59 pm
Ruslan Ismailov
Village Leader
Village Leader

Blacksmith in swamp camp sold some nice one-handers in C1 (and I could bet that in New Camp there is some better that Digger's Disciple too). But the best initial (C1!) weapon could be obtained by open one chest (inside castle in Old Camp, you should bribe Torus for it, chest located in blacksmith of the castle).
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:17 pm
Arkan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I just found an orc hammer. Pw3d j00.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:48 pm