Have I p!ssed on my own bonfire?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Memnon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Have I p!ssed on my own bonfire?

I recently spent some time looking for a cool weapon I could enchant, and found a bloke who was so obviously carrying a daedric shield. It was in the manor house of the Dren Plantation, and he was a Dunmer marching up and down the corridors. Thinking I had hit pay-dirt I sneaked about the house and picked my way into a locked room only to be attacked by some mook with a nasty poison sword. After I defeated him and his friend, the bloke with the daedric shield came and started on me. He was the toughest NPC ever! It took all my resources and magicka to defeat him and finally liberate his stinking corpse of a daedric katana, shield and several other Uber-items.
Whilst this is great for my personal armoury, I'm worried that by killing these blokes I've shot myself in the foot. I can't remember any of their names (I'm at work currently) but I wondered if any of you guys know who I'm talking about and can reassure me. If any of these people are plot-critical I can go back by an hour or so and reload. Otherwise I'm going to keep the gear and carry on playing.

I don't normally cheat like this, but it's the first time I've ever encountered anyone attacking me in a house like this before (maybe it's because I'm a filthy little Scouse thief?).

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.
Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:06 pm
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i've been playing MW for a while on and off, and one time, i killed this NPC and after i killed him, there was a message on the screen saying something to the effect of, "you have created a doomed world and must reaload", something like that. so, i'm thinking that if you've killed an NPC and that was plot critical, you will get this message, so killing those guys at the plantation should be no big deal. now, there may be quests in the future that will require you to talk to these people, in which case obviously you wouldn't be able to complete that, but as far as the game's main plot, you should be ok.

Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:51 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, that certainly sounds like the Dren plantation! That would have been Orvas Dren I expect. You know, I would have thought he is/was a critical NPC. Didn't you get the "doomed world" message?

Maybe it was only one of his thugs. Try going back and see if Orvas is around anywhere. Alive, that is.
Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:42 pm
StarkeRealm
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It sounds like a pair of Cammona Tong Enforcers that have taken up residence in Dren's basement, I don't remember anything about a Deadric shield, but they will attack on site, one of them attacks from the front while the other one gets behind you, they're brothers and although they're not main quest critical I think I remeber a high level Hlaalu quest that encourges thier deaths. If there was a third attacker it could have been one of dren's guards that has a walk cycle that takes him to the bottem of the stairs. if the doors were open he might join in.

Sorry if I seem to be rambling on, it's been a long day.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:44 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by StarkeRealm
It sounds like a pair of Cammona Tong Enforcers that have taken up residence in Dren's basement, I don't remember anything about a Deadric shield, but they will attack on site, one of them attacks from the front while the other one gets behind you, they're brothers and although they're not main quest critical I think I remeber a high level Hlaalu quest that encourges thier deaths. If there was a third attacker it could have been one of dren's guards that has a walk cycle that takes him to the bottem of the stairs. if the doors were open he might join in.

Sorry if I seem to be rambling on, it's been a long day.

Yes, I remember that bunch... Just cracked the lock on the door, level 50 or so? Details are minute, but for a low level woodelf looking for some loot...the break-in was priceless. However, my glory lasted for a grand total of two seconds. Only fools sneak into Dren's plantation at level 5 or so....remember that. I wonder if they fed my remains to the slaves?

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:17 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I doubt this was Orvas Dren himself. You probably killed several his servants. In real world whole Orvas Dren setlente would never more talk with you, but in this game they will talk if you have no bounty on your head in connection with killing his followers.
Btw. this is very weak thing in MW. For example we can talk about Commona Tong guild in Balmora. There were several (4 or 5) people there. I went inside, killed one of them, went outside, payed bounty, went inside and noone attacked me. So I killed another (everyone tried to kill me), but I went outside, payed bounty, went inside and noone attacked me...
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:25 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

i killed the entire dren plantation once.. but there IS a quest to talk to someone there

(i didnt get that msg btw.)
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:54 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, there is. But you can always rise dead NPC. But it is small cheating :}.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:55 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

i only use cheats when i think its fair though.. like.. i get stuck between 2 corprus monsters (unable to move) and i get a blight disease which makes my strength low and unable to walk i add a potion to my inventory.. or the "coc" command when i didnt save long time and died
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:13 pm