Wish Cancelled!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Wish Cancelled!

Bit speechless here... this one just dropped in from Mutable Realms...<blockquote><em>Dear friends of Wish: <br> <br>Unfortunately we have bad news. <br> <br>After careful consideration of all the facts and analyzing all the <br>data which we have gathered from the Wish Beta 2.0 test so far, we <br>have decided to cancel the Wish project. <br> <br>Our Beta test will end this evening at 6pm EST, and at this time our <br>Beta forums will close as well. <br> <br>We enjoyed working together with our fans very much, and we are very <br>sorry about this development. We wish you the best of luck in the <br>future, and hope that you continue to enjoy online gaming, even with <br>Mutable Realms and Wish not being available anymore. <br> <br>We also wish the best luck to our competitors, and hope that they will <br>not suffer the same fate as us. <br> <br>Best regards, <br>Your Mutable Realms Team</em></blockquote>
Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:26 pm
spooky tooth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

0_o

wtf
Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:57 pm
Parcival
Rightful Heir To The Throne

I didnt see that one comming. Esp. when they actualy started the beta, I thought that was their point-of-return. On the other hand; I never concidered Wish an exiting project. An UMMORPG... Okay, its BIG, but is it anything special? Eh... no.

Parc
Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:26 pm
Hunnenkoenig
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The plans were nice, it sounded good, but in beta the game had no soul (for me at least)

The complaint topics were raising day after day... I am also surprised, but to be honest I thought, it will come...

There are so many MMORPGs in development and also already in stores, it is sure a hard thing to make something special.

Although i think, more variety is just good for the business, WISH was definetly not the one of the bests. (in my opinion)
Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:44 pm
Kyrer

Eh?

I got accepted in the Beta the other day. I just installed it and tried to patch, but it was not working, so I checked the site to find this??!! This totally sucks, I was really looking forwards to this game, and now this? Everytime I get excited about an MMORPG, it gets cancelled - I'm never going to be able to get exited about another online game ever again
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:18 am

if you didnt try it you didnt miss anything. it was obvious that the game would be canceled, even if this company seemed stupid enough to release it and then cancel it within 3 months

seems that they were smarter after all. the technology is crap and such is the game.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:24 am

I for really enjoyed the beta, they only mistake the devs made is allowing such a shallow tutorial at the start of this beta, gave a lot of pll wrong impressions. Ok, they game needed a lot of fine tuning. But the core concepts were really ok. Very sad to see this one go.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:20 am

I personally didn't enjoy playing the beta one bit (played for about 5 - 6 hours).... it just seemed clumsy.

However, I'm hoping that some of the good ideas they had could be used in Dark and Light, to form the ultimate MMORPG, otherwise I can see D&L going the same way.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:02 am

Parcival

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I for really enjoyed the beta, they only mistake the devs made is allowing such a shallow tutorial at the start of this beta, gave a lot of pll wrong impressions. Ok, they game needed a lot of fine tuning. But the core concepts were really ok.

That was the exact status of the game right after the first beta.

Parc
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:09 am
Ryuken
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The game was maybe not easy to get into but it had lots of potential. The lag and performance issues, even in the big cities, were completely gone on my PC the last days. Only thing that worried were the PvP-options but for the rest it all looked quite right on track, it was fun and definitely better than the first beta if you ask me.

A pity.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:35 am
Everlast

I really enjoyed the beta. The graphics were really good, and you had a lot to do. This was the first game in a long time I actually would have payed a monthly fee for. Too bad to see this one be canceled.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:58 am

tomjscott
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Are you Kidding?

quote:
Originally posted by Ryuken
The game was maybe not easy to get into but it had lots of potential. The lag and performance issues, even in the big cities, were completely gone on my PC the last days. Only thing that worried were the PvP-options but for the rest it all looked quite right on track, it was fun and definitely better than the first beta if you ask me.

A pity.

I played the Beta 2 for less than half hour becuase it was totally unplayable due to horrific performance. I have a P4 3.0Ghz machine with 512MB Ram, GeForceFX 5700 Ultra 128MB, and a 5Mbps cable modem connection. I was lucky if I could even move when in the city and was probably only getting around 8fps outside the city.

Also, the game's controls were clunky, graphics were flat and uninspired. Nothing about it seemed interesting or different.

BTW, I play WoW, CoH, SWG, and Asheron's Call and have no issues with performance and lag in any of those games. I did try EQ2 though and found it horrible in cities as well. Thus I promptly cancelled it and got WoW instead.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:12 pm