Lets go mountaining !
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
|comy|
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Lets go mountaining !

Well I've found out, how to go moutaining. It does not matter if the wall is very steep, only that it's not 90 degree. I found vast regions beyond the "new camp" in the valley of mines right now ( still searching ) I'm having troubles uploading a picture ( to prove i'm not lying ) so evidence is on its was . stay tooned
just a silence gone bad
something I will never hide
this urging need to

invite the darkside in
into my haven
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:01 pm
|comy|
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Erm is there a way to take a screenshot in gothic 2 ? It'd be a lot easier for me to show you how to jump to get on very high places and so

the first screenshot, later i'll post ingame screenshots
just a silence gone bad
this urging need to

invite the darkside in
into my haven
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:33 pm
|comy|
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Now you see I'm not lying !
As you can see, this is the startpoint in the valley of mines. You can see the "little lake" way down . My journey began in the new camp, where I climbed to a high mountain and continued my way on the edge of the map towards this place.
I must also say I did NOT use any cheats or manipulated any photo you see here ( well exept this second one has a little changed colour so you can see better )
just a silence gone bad
this urging need to

invite the darkside in
into my haven

Last edited by |comy| on Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:19 pm
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wow... How'd you do that?
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:25 pm
|comy|
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The trick is to run to the wall you wish to go up, but you dont go straight into it, but you go almost along with it. but the most important thing is that you can move forward only by jumping. So you must jump precisely when you hitting the ground or else you will slide down and will have to start over again. Its all about perfect timing.
just a silence gone bad
this urging need to

invite the darkside in
into my haven
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:31 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heheh i see u an another guy like me |comy|

Ive Seen also all old map like that and been there where i shouldent be i give u a tip if u want to see all new map also go to Xardas Tower and climb up the tower there jump on the roof and there go Left from there u see allready that u can climb up the montain and see places u never seen and what u never should see its actually pretty cool try it out and tell me if u managed to get up
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:04 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by |comy|
The trick is to run to the wall you wish to go up, but you dont go straight into it, but you go almost along with it. but the most important thing is that you can move forward only by jumping. So you must jump precisely when you hitting the ground or else you will slide down and will have to start over again. Its all about perfect timing.

oh great another mountaineer!
I use a similar technique for getting over the Orc Barrier. On the official Jowood site you can submit screenshots. How do we ask for that feature here?

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:27 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The unfortunate thing is that there's NOTHING to see at those places. Which is dissapointing. I did hope that, for example, behind the orc barrier there are at least some RUINS left from G1 locations, because it's obvious that people will get over the wall eventually. I hoped to see some remains of Swamp Camp and the temple, remains of that Stranger quest tower ruin, monastery ruins.. Freedom Mine and so on, but nothing. Absolutely nothing. So it's quite pointless.

That's tad sad, it would have add such immersion for me if these were there. Memories, ya know
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:32 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

when you are behind thats walls (that the orcs build), there is a sign that says something like: so you made it trough the orc barrier. well, there is nothing to see here! it whas all a lie that the orcs has supplys and boats...
(i don't know the exact words... but it was something like that)
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:14 am
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I also managed to climb these mountains. After hiking for a while, I fell through the mountain and ended up on a mountain somewhere else... Was kinda hoping to find "Sword of Kickass" or the mighty alien dwarf or something on this perilous trek, but all I found was wierd landscape. But hey, I love these big bugs!
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:45 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe first thing why they didnt leave some ruins behind the orc wall is cos it needs more space on CDs and who knows maybe we had like 4 cd release after that second thing is that u can see all those places in G1 why u need to see them in G2 like lester allready told u there was a big dragon so they would need to do extra work on those places also
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:23 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
hehehe first thing why they didnt leave some ruins behind the orc wall is cos it needs more space on CDs and who knows maybe we had like 4 cd release after that second thing is that u can see all those places in G1 why u need to see them in G2 like lester allready told u there was a big dragon so they would need to do extra work on those places also

Well, of course development priorities, time, and space considerations were all big factors here.

Like Whailor said though, it would have been nice to see those places again -- even if they were shells of their former selves.
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:00 pm