Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Please help I think my game is messed up (can't sleep)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Please help I think my game is messed up (can't sleep)

Hi all

I think I have really messed up my game some how. When ever I go to a bed and select it , my character lies down and nothing happens. No chat dialogue type thing comes up for me to select how long I sleep.

Also when I go to attack something it doesn't attack back anymore. Orcs just stand there and let me kill them.

Anyone know what the heck is going on?

Thanks

Edit: Well searching more I found a suggestion. It says to hero export then import. But the instant I save my game and restart the game to turn off marvin mode it is back to not working again. Why won't it stay fixed? And I didn't use marvin mode extensivly. I just used it once to fix my stats as I accidentaly learned xbow instead of bow and didn't have a good save to go back to.

Last edited by Fifl on Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:40 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

fixing the dialog text when using marvin-mode

Only time I have seen this happen to people is when they have been playing in marvin-mode. If that is the case in marvin-mode press F2 then type hero export <savename> (omit <>) then hero import <savename> and that will clear it up in most cases. Hope that helps!
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:53 pm
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: fixing the dialog text when using marvin-mode

quote:
Originally posted by rcarter3
Only time I have seen this happen to people is when they have been playing in marvin-mode. If that is the case in marvin-mode press F2 then type hero export <savename> (omit <>) then hero import <savename> and that will clear it up in most cases. Hope that helps!

Will playing in Marvin mode mess things up?

I think when I changed flipped bow and Xbow stat %s I forgot and left marvin mode on for a little while when I ran through the game. I noticed people like maid's and citizens and even Rod in the mercenary camp at one point attacked me for no reason. Was that part of marvin mode to?
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:03 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Fifl,

Sorry to here of your problem, "playing" in marvin will NOT damage your game, loading or reloading in marvin also will not spoil your game, however, as you may/may not know only pc-hero can be made to manually go to sleep in bed, so if he cannot, then it is not the true pc-hero! - - you must have, even inadvertently, given a command in marvin. Changing your "editable" stats in marvin also will not corrupt the game, there again there are many places (locations in the game) where marvin must not be used especially in conjunction with other commands. For instance if you were to use the character helper, then save the game (still in C/H mode) and others.

Go to an earlier saved game and check that pc-hero can sleep, then you should be o.k.
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:01 pm
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Guess I did something accidentaly and without knowing it then

Thanks for your help, guess I'll just keep exporting and importing everytime I load as all my saves were messed up =x

Next time I play through as mage I must pay close attention and not mess up so I won't have to edit anything
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:12 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah and u better leave marvin alone cos u actually can live without it also
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:41 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah i agree Daedalus,

There's been many an unwary soul pulled down the plughole by using marvin, he's a powerful guy
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:17 pm