Usergroups
Cane of Corpus woes
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I think ninjas do, because it is in both the priest and mage spellbooks.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:08 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

In that case ninjas don't, 'cos they've got the alchemist spell book.
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 9:33 pm
sg17
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

no, alchemist can't use remove curse. It is in the mage and priest spellbooks.

Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 8:06 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Ok, we have a definite answer then. This sort of makes a solo faerie ninja super-difficult to play. By the way, faerie ninjas can't use the Zynarex Plate, or the Necklace of Stamina....
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:08 am
RYS13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-03-13 08:41, Michael C wrote:
If you can live with a character, who can't use ranged attack in combat (troublesome at least), and got low hitpoints and few armor posibilities for a melee fighter, then Coc is one of the best weapons to get!

My level 16 fairy ninja is right up front and is up to a 19 armor class. He gets hit much less than my other two front rank characters, a lord and a samuri. For distance fighting I use either his alchemy spells or a lot of the bombs that we've found. The only drawback is that he can't switch to ranged attack mid-round. All in all, a good fairy ninja is a great up-front character. In my opinion.

[ This Message was edited by: RYS13 on 2002-03-23 16:00 ]
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:59 pm
Elwyn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i can only agree ... a fairy Ninja is just kicking ass with the CoC .. mine is lvl 15 now and is close up to my sam in number of kills ...
CoC cursed ? .. just build up your Ninja's Alchemy-skill with mixing potions/casting and you'll get a viable spellcaster for ranged combat ..
at the moment the monk in my group is the weakest... gave him a poor Hayai-Bo to build up his stave/wand-skill .. i hope, it'll charge out, if i ever get this nice Zatoichi ..

just for info: running now an all-hybrids-party .. Human Lord, Human Valkyre, Felpurr Sam, Fairy Ninja, Fairy Monk & Mook Ranger..
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 10:02 am
Oxiplegatz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm playing a solo fairy ninja Decided to after finishing the game with standart party.
You know, I thought it was pretty hard to kill some powerful monsters when I played first time, but now I realise that it's much harder to get out of the monastery with my new 'party'. You should really think... Think a lot.
That's great. I find the game now very hard (normal level) but not impossible to play. And that's great.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:23 am
Fwang Thunk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Everyone is right! To sum up: The Cane of Corpus is possibly the best weapon in the game. Only a Faerie Ninja can use it (and it is the ONLY reason to make a Faerie Ninja).

The curse is OK, because it forces you to practice your magic for ranged attacks. Arm another wand in your off hand, like the wand of static. This speeds up your wand skill advancement.

I saved the game while looking at Don Barlone's back, with both Milano and Barlone in front of me.

I killed him once, no COC! Reloaded, killed him again - and there it was. Some say this is cheating, and maybe it is, but in this one instance you should allow yourself to cheat, because, like I said, you wouldn't have made a Faerie Ninja in the first place if you couldn't guaranty that you'd get the COC.
Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:59 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I don't think it's cheating. No more than save/reload is, failing to get the CoC is one way to measure failure, having all your party die is another.
Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:12 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Faeries start with the faerie stick, which is an excellent way of practicing wand/staff skills for when you get the CoC, btw. I know sleep isn't the most useful affliction to cause, but at least it puts an opponent out of combat for a while.
Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:20 pm

Other cool things to put in your other hand are:

doublestrike dagger (this will allow you to get a HUGE number of attacks per round, especially later in the game, good for the solo ninja)

winterwand (the best combo if you like to paralyze, not the best damage wise)

sprites dagger (can be a pain to get, but a good weapon)

If anyone else can find something to try post it so I can try it out . I'm still trying to find something I like.
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:13 am

Infinity
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Remove Curse

Nope, I believe Remove Curse is only in the Priest's and Mage Spellbook.
Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:00 pm

what char lvls do you have?
I managed (with my lvl 10 heroes) to do not one point of damage to this godfather guy. Acid splash (7), Fireball (7), and make wounds (7), then two bows and one omnigun hit him but he took no damage.
What should i do??

--
liebe das leben
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:09 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Just return when you will be stronger. Now nearly all your characters will miss him.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:11 pm
Gandalf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No. Remove Curse is a Priest spell, so Priests, Lords, Valkyries, and Bishops can cast it. Bishops also have the ability to remove curses at will.
Post Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:20 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2