Banned from Vault City
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Nukester
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Banned from Vault City

I bought the fake papers to get into Vault City, then proceded to fail the citizen test, then got kicked out of the city by Lynnette.

Is that bad enough that I should go back to a saved game, or will I be able to overcome that somehow down the line (to finish the quests there). I dont really need to know HOW (if possible) to get around that, but am just wondering IF it will be ok.

Thanks for any time you might save me if I continue when I shouldnt
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:27 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

They hate you now and will not let you in. You can still explore the outer town though. It does mean you can eventually return and kill the inner town people and liberate the outer people!

You could also take this opportunity to become a bandit around Vault City and take out their patrols for money, equipment and ammo.

You can do whatever you want in Fallout, don't worry about it as you can't prevent yourself from finishing because of that. Same with becoming an outlaw by killing children and so on. It adds something interesting to it. There are plenty quests where you cannot please all of the people all of the time. Choosing your enemies as well as your friends is part of the game. You are not missing out on a big chunk anyway and it gives you a new path to try the second time round.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:25 am
Nukester
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ha. Thanks for the reply. I knew the game was pretty open, but it also seemed that Vault City was a pretty important piece of the puzzle, and not being able to go back in was going to put a huge damper on things. I only bought the fake papers becuase I didnt have nearly enough money for the real ones (seems money is also hard to come by...Im still saving up for that part for the car !).

Ive moved on to Redding to see if I can find out about the caravans. Ill just keep going and see what happens .

Again thanks for the reply !
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:33 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

No problem, I did the same thing with the Vault papers once. It's hard to get used to how open the game is and you get worried you are doing it "wrong", but you can't really - so long as the player character is still alive!

The caravan runs are a good source of entertainment and money. Main rule of thumb, is have fun, it's a great game to play through as you want to and try a couple of play throughs.
Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:15 am