Griffith Park?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Griffith Park?

This is completely ridiculous. I fail to see how I can ever survive this werewolf attack. If I knew I'd be dealing with a werewolf later I'da maxxed out my fortitude discipline. I even have the best armor on that heather got me too. I tried noclip...all it did was freeze me in place and then do squat. He could still smack me around every so often and give me the final death. How am I supposed to survive a whole three minutes till that tram comes back?

Last edited by Guybrush Threepwood on Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:34 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

I hate when they make a few parts in the game that are only possible through extremely fast fingers working the keyboard and mouse.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:51 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

There is a button you can push on the observatory control platform that opens up the dome. The best way I know is to run there first, then stand outside on the balcony. It takes the werewolf a while to find you there. When he does you can run down and around to the front door then make a loop. When I do it this way I spend most of the time just standing there waiting.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:40 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Vampires are supposed to be tough right? Well throughout the game even when I was stronger enemies could tear me to pieces with pea shooters or tire irons. I don't see how ghouls are any better than humans due to the fact as a vampire I can easily be shredded to pieces by puny thugs or a security guard with a 38 special. And vampiric healing was extremely slow unless you had uninterrupted healing. Physically vampires appear to be weak specimens.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:46 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
There is a button you can push on the observatory control platform that opens up the dome. The best way I know is to run there first, then stand outside on the balcony. It takes the werewolf a while to find you there. When he does you can run down and around to the front door then make a loop. When I do it this way I spend most of the time just standing there waiting.

Every stairs there are he tends to destroy so I can't use them again.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:47 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

He destroys the STAIRS? I don't think that has ever happened to me, but then I rarely have him right behind me. Usually he loses me immediately after I go inside, then rampages the place like he is stupid. Well I guess he is stupid, but I didn't even know he could destroy the stairs.

Now the only thing I can suggest is to (you're going to hate me) be faster. If you run from the starting point straight to the observatory balcony you should almost be out there by the time he breaks into the building. Then he should rampage around looking for you. I think he might actually go back outside and find you that way.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:09 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes he is stupid...if he can't leap up to you right away he starts swinging wildly and alot of times he destroys the stairs when he swings. I just wish there was some sort of god mode so I could turn it on and then wait it out and then skip that part. I think that part was utterly ridiculous. Its supposed to be an RPG, not some Super Mario like game where timing, coordination, and speed is required. I think they should have made some of your skills work to evade him. Sneak didn't even work and I had no encumbersome clothes on and had 9 sneak.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:19 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I think this was really an attempt at combining genres to attract as large of an audience as possible. It is an RPG, but it's also a third person action and an FPS. Of course if they really wanted to broaden the consumer range they should have released it on consoles. Troika, may they rest in peace, might still be around today if they had.

I've run out of tricks, but Val may know more. It might rely on luck as well. I know I've never had a problem with that level, but it drives my husband mad.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:50 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Eh if there is no cheat to bypass it I'm just tossing the game. This is ridiculous. The game is extremely laggy for me and reloading is a pain to do.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:39 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
Vampires are supposed to be tough right?

Vampires that are thousands of years old are almost godlike. You're not thousands of years old however. You're a little fledgling in over your head.
In the PnP version of VtM, werewolves are extremely powerful. They'll tear young vampires to pieces and even elder vampires have to be wary around them.

As for kicking the werewolves butt, it is possible: Smash it in the stone observatory doors.
Assuming you want to kill the Werewolf, run to the small shed next to the observatory building. You can get to the shed by crouching through a tear in the chain link fence or by moving through the observatory itself. Once you're at the shed, flip the power switch on the outside wall.
Now that the obseratory has power, run into the building's main room and take the stairs up to the platform. Flip the switch here to open the large observatory doors and then wait for the Werewolf to jump up and try to get at you through the door opening. Once it does, flip the switch again to crush the Werewolf and earn yourself four points of experience. With the Werewolf threat taken care of, make your way to the tram at your leisure and take it down to the lower shack.

But if that proves too difficult, then use the god cheat. Use it the same as the noclip cheat. The code is: god.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:33 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Val
crush the Werewolf and earn yourself four points of experience.

That is AWESOME!!
I had NO idea you could do that. I definitly have to try that out.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:41 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Werewolf pancakes, anyone?
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:58 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Even though I'm a fledgling I'd assume I could take on 6 security guards with pea shooters IE the 38 special which really requires you to be a terrific shot to do damage against someone with armor as well as someone who has skin that is tough. I could understand something with kick like a shotgun or a gun with .40 or higher caliber...but a purse gun? Come on.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:58 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I sure wouldn't want to be shot with a 38, let alone 6 of them. You might be thinking of a 9 mm. I still wouldn't want to be shot by one, but they are much more common and more closely fit the definition of "pea shooter" and "purse gun".

Of course a snub nosed 38 is very small and fits easily within a purse (my Mom has one ), but they hit hard. They must have been going for atmosphere when they decided to include this gun in the game. They started getting phased out in the 70's by the 9 mm (the cry of police brutality dictated that law enforcement start using a less lethal weapon) and I doubt many if any companies still manufacture them today.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:55 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

9mm still hold alot of kick. Compared to a .38. I don't know why Jack informs me that vampires are supposed to be naturally tough to bullets. Cause they aren't. .38's are fairly weak. 9mm's are the better of the low calibers. .22's are the weakest. I don't really see the point of being a vampire if every single little thing including a fist can do serious damage and take you down. As a fledgling you are pretty much a human except you can heal really fast when you drink blood. Other than that you don't have that much power. Sure you get disciplines but most of them are useless against those who are overtly trying to do you harm. Most attack disciplines can only do one at a time sort of thing...unless you get the highest level of dominate thaumaturgy or dementation...and once you use a discipline everyone is alerted to your presence and your surivival rate is nill. I guess potence would be okay except for the fact that even with a multi hit attack you can hit two at the most and even then it takes you awhile to do another multi hit attack.

At the beginning of the game I got through the game mostly through stealth kills. However later they forced me to fight out in the open and then I became dead meat. And stealth even at the highest rating is pointless at the end. Once you kill someone even quietly everyone comes running and tears you to pieces. At the end alot of the disciplines become moot point. And skills aren't too useful when you are being mobbed by 2 or 3 angry people with extremely damaging weapons. I wish they'd stop trying to make it into an FPS and let skills and attributes play a bigger part. And make certain parts of the body more vulnerable. Or do something to make it so I don't have to die and reload tons of times. Or be forced to play Nos or Malk so no one can see me. I didn't expect the game to be easy but I'd like it to be more of an rpg and not an fps... a game is less fun to me when you can't think your way out of a situation period and have to die and reload about 20+ times.
Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:21 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next