I just got the game have have a few questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Siio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just got the game have have a few questions

I made it out of the Goblin jail and to the Human outpost. The guard there gave me a pass so I could get back through the Goblin area without being attacked. The thing is when I go back there the Goblins attack me anyways. I didn't kill any goblins on my way out, well I killed the Goblon guard that was guarding my cell and that other Goblin after the cut scene after after you fix the elevator. Is this a bug or something? Will I have to start my game over?

I also bought this game used and it didn't come with a manual. So far I've been able to figure the game out just fine. There's one thing I can't figure out tho. How do I remove items once I equip them so I can repair them?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:31 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I don't know if it is a bug, but you certainly do not need to restart the game. The goblins might be (and I think even should be) hostile in the Jail area, but not in the Goblin Kingdom. Just make your way to the kingdom entrance (killing if needed but in unwitnessed manner) and talk to the guards.

BTW, just in a case, make a good save point.

Good luck
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:22 am
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Merz is correct about the Goblins. In addition to the Goblins in and around the Goblin Kingdom, Goblins guarding access points to other levels will not bother you if you do not provoke them. They will allow you passage to other levels depending on the credentials you produce. With some exceptions (which I won't specify as they are spoilers), all other Goblins throughout Arx will attack you on sight.

You can use the "B" key to quickly unequip a weapon and return it to inventory, or you can open up your character screen, click on the equipped weapon and drag and drop it back into your inventory.

There was a manual that came with Arx that was actually pretty good, and explained all the controls and functions. If you just bought the game new, I strongly recommend you return it to get one that had the manual. If you bought the game used or "as is" with no warranties, then I suspect you'll be making a lot more posts here to figure out some of the game mechanics.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:48 pm
Siio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the help!

yea, I bought the game used as is for $3, apposed to buying it new for $40. Like I said in my frist post I've been able to figure out the game just fine. I actually found out how to remove items so I could reapir them pretty much right after I made that post. I found out very earily on that double-clicking on a item puts it into use mode (I was trying to eat some fish that I had just cooked). Just a side note; I really like how JoWood set the controlls in this game. When I mix postions it really seems like I'm mixing one, the same goes with reapiring items. The only thing I wish I could do is use the Ignite spells to set courpes on fire to cover my tracks (or at least pick them up and move them).
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:27 pm
Siio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hehe ok, I have another question. When I use a levitate scroll is there any way I can change my height (like moving up or down)?
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:50 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

No, you can't, which is why you sometimes need to begin at the highest point you can find. Oh, from an earlier post, JoWood didn't design the controls, Arkane did.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:57 am
Siio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ah ok, Thanks! I guess Morrowind has spoiled me.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:25 am