Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Lots of Questions! Need Lots of Answers!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Nord Newb

Lots of Questions! Need Lots of Answers!

Intro: I've played it for two days straight. I'm not too impressed. I'm a level 6 Nord with very low stats. I've read a quarter of the manuel. I'm in the fighters guild and the blades. My current misson is to kill some guy who has a bounty on his head.

Q's:

1) Where is the guy? They say he's hidden on an island south west of Vas? I've been to Vas, I went back to look for this guy, couldn't find him. Found Jaminine!? Spent a whole night trying to kill him. Didn't work. Lost all my armor, All I did was break his shield.

2) The Mile Walk! I'm getting sick of walking from Mar Gaan(?) to the coast again and again. And I'm getting sick of being attacked by those darn Cliff racers. Is there an easier way of getting from Mar Gaan to Vas besides using the gauntlet?

3) Are there more than three ways to swing a sword? Chop, thrust and left swing? If not, then doesn't it get boring?

4) Is it possible to go through the game w/o using magic?

5) If answer to 4 is no, then: What do I need to know about how to use magic? (Assume I know nothing)

6) Where can I find better weapons and armor? Balmora doesn't seem to be cutting it. Also, whats the best way to make money?

7) Tips and tricks. I need some general help. Whats the correct way to level up? What should I invest in? What should I be doing? I just want to be handy with a sword and shield. Is the heavy armor skill important later on.

8 ) How do you increase your life? Does it just go up each level? I have about 90 life at level 6, is this low? (jumping worms do considerable damage)

Any help would be appreciated. I need motivation. Please. Thank you.
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:20 pm

XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

2) use a bow on cliff racers. Try transport (mage guild)
3) no, just 3 moves, try other weapons, might be fun.
4) i think so
6) try vivec, caldera. What kind of armor do you use.
light, medium, heavy. Use the one where you have your highest skill.
7)misc work for lvl up to. get 10 points in a skill for 5x multiplier
life depends on your strenght (long sword, axe blund weapons) and endurence (medium + heavy armor, spear)
life increases when you lvl up.
The higher your endurence the more life you get.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:31 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

you can find weapons in crates in every town.
If your lucky you will find a good weapon.
If you don't take anything out of that crate, it will have something different the next time you start up the game. Not when you fast load.

7) for a fighter you must choose heavy/ medium armor.
Light armor is for thieves, mages

8 ) My life is below 60 at lvl 10.
But i'm a thief/ archer so i have a low strenght and endurence.
And i'm a wood elf.

8 ) = without space

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:39 pm
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

1) he is not on open ground. He is in a bandit hideout and you wont be able to kill him with your level
2)Why u going to maar gan for? You have plug in on http://morrowindfiles.com which remove all those annoying clif racers
3)only 3 ways. I find then sufficient
4)yeah it is, altrough its much easyer with magic. Im sure you will have at least 50 of every magic skill at the game end. Dont worry about it.
5)You should learn Mark and Recall and Soultrap. Mark and Recall you can learn in Vivec/Foreign Quaters/Upper waistworks, not sure for soultrap
6) try to find daedric shrines, dwemer ruins and old dunmer strongholds. Alot of armor and weapons to find there
7)If you want to level up just go by the quests, game becomes too easy if you force train. Save your money(if your enchant is low) for enchantments. Just do the quests, you will find many ruins/shrines/strongholds with worthy armor/weapons. No skill is too important, heavy armor skill is good if you are a fighter, light armor is for mages and medium for rogues/thieves and marksmen
8)Yeah, your health goes up how your level does

you need to get used to the game to game to be fun. Try to sleep it over. I didint consider the game fun first time I run it either coz I tought: "there is too many stuff here, all those skills, huge map, who's going to figure it all out". You probably think the same, or you just are not a RPG lover...
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:44 pm
LarryPhunk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You might also find this site helpful with respect to general strategy tips!
http://www.stratosgroup.com/guides/html/200206mwes/
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:17 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

I'll try my best.

2) You have a couple viable options here, one easier but less convenient, and one fun and more convenient but tons of work. The easy method is to obtain Mark and Recall, Mark the area you want, and Recall yourself there when you need to get there. The more fun way is to download the latest official plug-in from www.elderscrolls.com and get the Master Index. So... damn... cool. But you might not be able to swing it at your level - there's some tough beasties to kill for the 9th and 10th indexes.

3) No to both counts. I have it to Always Best Attack, so it's only ONE attack type, and I've yet to get bored. Then again, I'm able to watch Magnolia three times in a row without getting bored, so maybe I just have a long attention span.

4) Quite easily; my pure thief did okay. You'll be carrying a lot more potions to do some things like fly, though, and you'll get pissed off at being unable to open some doors.

5) So unless you're dead-set agains using magic, I'd recomment at least buying 30 points of Alteration, Water Walking, Water Breathing, and Ekash's Lock Splitter (or other opening spell of lesser magnitude). Mysticism is the second most useful to the non-mage, as it has the teleportation spells, Detect Creature/enchantment/key, and the amazing Telekinesis.

6) Here's what I do: *possible spoiler* raid Dunmer Temples and wizard towers (ESPECIALLY Tel Fyr, southwest of Sadrith Mora) with Ekash's Lock Splitter, Chameleon, and Telekinesis. Dunmer Temples always have great shields, and Tel Fyr has INCREDIBLE weapons and armor. Best of all? The five-finger discount. The best stuff, though, you'll just find while adventuring. So break into all the tombs and caves you see and pillage.

7) Focus on one armor skill, and don't make that one armor skill medium - it's too heavy and not strong enough, imo. Light armor will serve you extremely well by the end of the game, but will do poorly until you get Glass or better. Heavy is fairly decent throughout. Medium looks damn cool. Chop things with your sword. Buy training in skills like Speechcraft that are hard to increase naturally. And cheese up Athletics, Acrobatics, and Sneak if you're so inclined.

That's plenty. My current character's at level 6 and has 52 health. Then again, he's also stoked with awesome pilfered crap.

-Matt
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:12 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Why get rid of cliff racers? Do you realize how much cliffracer meat or whatever it is labled in the game is worth? 20 per. I bank hard off of that stuff. "Use your own brain and quit relying on someone elses.
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:03 pm
Radix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Nord Newb,

Obviously, a thinking RPG is not your bag. You need to experiment with the game and make your own mistakes instead of mooching off other people. Ask legit questions not stupid ones that can easily be found in the manual.

Use your imagination and play the game. Geez you barely started - just wait until you get later in the game - and you think you have trouble now. That is if you last that long.
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:31 am
sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yeah, and explore, dude, explore. youve heard captain William T. Kirk say it. ...to explore new worlds, yatttayatta
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:04 am