Usergroups
Petition for publisher to release Gothic 2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

i dont know why everyone is wasting time doing the petition?!?! just sit. relax. and dont have a cry that a game isnt out yet. sure i hate the fact it isnt out yet too. but i will wait instead of heckling the company. please seriously consider going through another game before complaining to the company. just my 2 cents.

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:02 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

yuh i'm playin diablo, a petition is no real good, unless the company agrees that u get so many and they'll do it , i'm just playin diablo, and working while my computer is down for repairs and upgrades
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:24 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowWolfe
i dont know why everyone is wasting time doing the petition?!?! just sit. relax. and dont have a cry that a game isnt out yet. sure i hate the fact it isnt out yet too. but i will wait instead of heckling the company. please seriously consider going through another game before complaining to the company. just my 2 cents.

Stop wasting time signing the petition?
Just sit and relax?

So I guess sitting and relaxing is not wasting time? I am sure that is much more productive...

If you dont want to sign the petition then dont do it, but dont ruin it for everyone else by convincing people not to sign it. What possible benefit does that have?

Pessimists.....

Once again someone completely misses the point of the petition. This is not to "heckle the company" this is to give them additional help in aquiring a distributor.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:06 pm
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Dbesing
a petition is no real good, unless the company agrees that u get so many and they'll do it

thank you for agreeing with me. and chekote im not really wasting my time i have more things to do than bother companies that are putting there own time into creating games that we want to play. serious if you want to do a petition make sure the company knows about it first. it will have a way greater effect. now im gonna stop "expressing my opinion" because you seem to think im stupid or something. done

Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:16 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I never said you were stupid. Just pessimistic.

I dont see how taking 10 seconds from your life to sign a petition is going to hurt.

If you dont sign it then nothing will happen. If you do sign it then something MIGHT happen. Its as simple as that. What do you have to lose?

quote:
i have more things to do than bother companies that are putting there own time into creating games that we want to play.

The email is going to JoWood. They do not make the game, they publish it. It is their job to get the game out to the people who want it. So I am not bothering them, I am requesting the service they are paid to provide.

quote:
a petition is no real good, unless the company agrees that u get so many and they'll do it

I dont beleive that. If this petition ends up with thousands of signatures, you seriously beleive that the publisher will just ignore it?

quote:
serious if you want to do a petition make sure the company knows about it first. it will have a way greater effect.

They know about it now. The petition just hit 50 sigs, so they would have received the first email already. With a header explaining what its all about.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:23 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
The email is going to JoWood. They do not make the game, they publish it. It is their job to get the game out to the people who want it. So I am not bothering them, I am requesting the service they are paid to provide.

PB made the game, JoWooD paid for the rights, and frankly speaking - what they do with the game now is up to them. Of course they are interested in selling it, after all they did pay good money for it, and in their precarious situation they are keen on striking a lucrative deal while distributors will try to strike an equally good deal. Let's see if they manage to meet.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:33 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I signed the petition because I appreciate the initiative Chekote took in getting this thing going. I also figured that no matter what happens, it certainly can't hurt and it was painless to do so.

But I think we should be realistic about what this could accomplish. If the point of the petition is to get Jowood to release Gothic 2, then the assumption is:

1. They are NOT planning to release at all.
2. They are planning to release it, are capable of it NOW, but are sitting on it for strategic marketing/planning reasons.

Honestly I don't beleive either of these are true. (2) may be possible, but I get the feeling that Jowood really wants to get this thing out, but for reasons that only an INSIDER would know have their hands tied.

This could be because of legal meetings, contract negotiations, etc. You know, board room stuff that executives, CIOs, project managers are ironing out. And as soon as this blocking issue is out of the "critical path" (heheh project management lingo creeping in), I think Jowoods first priority will be to get the game out.

So, if the point of the petition is get them to change their MIND about the release, then I don't think it will do much good. They will release it and soon I think. Its just that the things they must to do effect the release are taking longer than they expected.

BUT, It does no harm to at least get them proof of what they arleady know: That a good number of people around the world WANT THIS GAME!
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:46 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:

quote:
I dont beleive that. If this petition ends up with thousands of signatures, you seriously beleive that the publisher will just ignore it?

Uh yea Seeing how they can do anything they want, hell when they get the petition ur e-mailing to them, they could just decide to say f it, and drop gothic 2 all together for bothering them,

it is possible,
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:57 am
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

ok well its not a problem i just dont chose to sign but i do think it should be released. i was a bit hot this morning so i was easily aggrivated sorry bout the outburst. if anything we should all be FRIENDS cause we just want this f****** game to come out. so truce.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:18 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowWolfe
if anything we should all be FRIENDS cause we just want this f****** game to come out. so truce.

Sure thing. Thats all I want aswell.

quote:
Originally posted by dbessing
Uh yea Seeing how they can do anything they want, hell when they get the petition ur e-mailing to them, they could just decide to say f it, and drop gothic 2 all together for bothering them,

it is possible,

I really hope they arent that immature. God help us all if the gaming industry has ended up like that.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:50 pm
dysfunktional
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Zutphen
Gelderland
Netherlands
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:16 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Now that Infogrames is the new publisher we no longer need this petition.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:26 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4