Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The "Has Become an X2 Thread Despite Me" Thread.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > X2 / X3

Author Thread
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

How do you do remote trading? I haven't figured that out yet. Do I have to buy something? While I'm in the disco ferrying people, my merc is lying idle. When I contact the factory guy, he tells me I'm not suitable!!!! Thanks for the advice.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:23 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

OK. You need Trade Extension installed (buy from Teladi or Terracorp HQ, I think) in the ship you're controlling from. First, bring up the sector map (',') of the sector the other ship is in (or when it gets to the sector you want it to trade in). Because you have a ship in that sector (and with the Trade Extension) you can see live prices in that sector. Figure out what you're going to trade.

Press 'R' (I always think Real Estate) to bring up your property. Select the other ship and press enter. Choose Control Console, then Navigation, then select the destination. Check the Property screen every now and then to check if it's landed. Then go back into that ship but trade with the station instead of navigating. Send it to an appropriate destination with the Navigation commands and so on.

It's a bit tedious but better than that ship sitting idle. The factory guy wants a higher ranking - you'll have to wait until your trade ranking improves.

Correction to an earlier comment:

Spoiler:
I said the Jump drive was one of the best things I've bought (it is!!) but I forgot that the story gives you one in mission 3 or 4 so no need to buy one. In fact, it's worth following the story up to this point for the drive.

Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:10 am
corwin

Thanks again. BTW, can you the sell the original merc? I haven't been able to. Does it have to be in a 'spaceworthy' condition or something!!

Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:46 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I didn't think of stripping the transport either. I saw that spoiler on the Egosoft boards when I was looking for info about some unrelated problem I was having. With my most recent restart, I went ahead and did it. I think the biggest benefit is that I've got the money to experiment and make mistakes- buying the new Merc was probably a ton more expensive than repairing the old one, and I've tried out several of the command extensions, rudder optimizations, and such that are probably wastes of good money at this point in the game.

You can sell it (as I did), but only at certain places. The Argon shipyard will buy your Disco, but not the Merc. The Wharf in Argon Prime will buy it regardless of condition (make sure you strip it first). I'd recommend doing something with it- sell it or repair it. As given, it has a top speed of 39 with no SETA. I flew it first-hand from the SW corner of Argon Prime to the NE corner in order to sell it. About 20 minutes REAL TIME!!! That's why I bought a new one. For a trading ship, time in space is wasted time, so I decided to buy a brand new Merc (probably could have accomplished the same thing repairing the old one) and max out the speed.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:22 pm
corwin

I began again and stripped the loaner. What was interesting, was the very different condition of the merc. It now only had a 5% hull, no SETA and a top speed of 15km. WOW, talk about useless. Like you dte, I bought a new Merc and experimentd. I think it's actually easier this way. Still haven't got a sell option on the merc, just a repair one at the warf in Argon. Remote flying is MUCH better than the time I flew it all the way to Argon docks myself at 15 km!! YAWN!!!! I'm much in your debt Dhruin for that explanation. Wish the manual was as helpful.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:20 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

OH! You can't sell the ship you're currently flying. Remote fly your Disco over to the wharf and a "change ship" option will activate. Switch seats and you can ditch that sick Merc.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:35 pm
corwin

Did that, didn't get much for it, and it was destroyed after I sold it. Bought a best buy/sell enhancement. My problem, I keep buying great stuff rather than building my capital. I'll never get rich at this rate. Jumpdrive is cool, but I usually sell all my energy cells and can't jump back. All I've traded so far is Energy. A lot of the BB missions ask for fairly high military rank. Does that mean I have to go out and shoot things before I can get that?

Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:59 am
Dhruin

If it's a miltary rank and not a trading rank - yes. Get the jump drive for free in mission 3 or 4.
Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:52 am
corwin

Currently having lots of trouble getting squash mines to explode with missiles. They seem to miss and just explode.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:36 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8