Dungeon Lords: Development Continues
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Dungeon Lords: Development Continues

Jeremy from Dreamcatcher posted this brief newsbit in the official forums. Nothing else is known.<BR>
<BR>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE><i>
<DIV>Hello Everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>For those of you feeling a little anxious about no official news, let me re-iterate that development still continues.</DIV>
<DIV>There is no additional information at this time, however I am posting this message for those who are concerned as I have noticed this throughout our forum</DIV>
<DIV>As you are aware there are things which are known that could be done to improve the game as well as other things which could be added to enhance what is already in the game.</DIV>
<DIV>At this time I have no specifics for exactly what is coming, this includes the next patch or a future exspansion, however as soon as I have more information to provide, I will do so.</DIV></i></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:41 am
Mystery Guy

Wasn't everyone joking around in the forums (Both here and at Typhoon/DC) that they'd add in all the expected features (Furniture, NPCs, face/body selection, ect...) in an upcoming expansion? God...it looks like they weren't joking.

I'll be honest, I kind of liked the game. Not enough to beat it (Level 13, at the Naga Dungeon) but enough to not return it. Still, I think patches at this point are sort of useless. The way I look at it, Dungeon Siege 2, ES:Oblivion, Metalheart, and Sacred Underworld will all be out in the next couple of months, so even if they released the mother of all patches it still wouldn't get me to pick the game up again.

BTW: I hated Dungeon Siege 1...but the Demo sold me on the sequel. Took me 3 days just to beat the demo...imagine how long the full game will be.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:51 am

DS2 will be 70 hours long.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:04 am

poot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I like DL quite a bit myself and hang around the DL forums occasionally to see what is going on. I have conversed with Jeremy[DC] several time and he has never lied to me and I think we can take him at his word. If some of his info sounds cryptic, it is because that is that way it was given to him. I will wait for the next patch as long as Jeremy says their is one coming. I have quite playing DL till the next patch though. It may be a very long wait for the next patch, but I am in no hurry.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:21 pm
XVampireX
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

To Guest: Yes, It is 70 hours and more for those who want to master the whole game. However, With game modifications the game will have further span.

Mystery Guy: Sacred Underworld is long out... They are going to release the Gold Edition soon as well which combines both Sacrd Underworld and the original Sacred. And Oblivion is supposed to be a nice game, though my computer will NEVER run it.
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:03 pm
Mystery Guy

XvampireX:

Sacred Underworld is *not* out.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257485.asp

Pick up the new PC Gamer, and in it, Vedermann talks about how he had to jump through hoops just to grab the European version since the U.S. version was pushed back.

Unless of course if you mean the EU version...which would be fine if I lived in England, but I'm stuck in America, sadly.
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:26 pm

Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

We're a rather international site here, so it's pretty common for posters to refer to EU versions.
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:39 pm

Actually I live in California and have been playing Sacred: Underworld on closed internet for the last 3 or 4 months. It is not that hard to order from gogamer.com or gameplay.com. PLUS you get all the beatiful blood and gore that was ripped out of the US version!
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:02 pm

Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

DS2 demo is out? Really ...
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:18 am