Neverend goes Gold
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Neverend goes Gold

Worthplaying has the <a href="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=33549&mode=thread&order=0" target="_blank">news</a> that Mayhem's fairy-tale themed fantasy RPG 'Neverend' has gone Gold. No further details accompany the newsbit but we'll let you know anything further as soon as we hear.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:12 pm
Dajjer
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, we lose the Roots but gain Neverend. That's something I guess. Now about Boarderland and the Fall . . . .
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:14 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I can't make heads or tails of Neverend. Is it a 3rd person RPG with turn based combat? Who is marketing this thing? Why were the European reviews so scathing?
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:36 pm
roqua1

If it’s the game I'm thinking of the demo wasn't bad. It plays like a console/new pc crap rpg (no character creation, leveling up is a joke, etc), and has console tb combat (which is 100 times better than any RT or twitch crap). I'll probably get it just based off of the demo. And reviews are stupid. All mid-level developed games get scathing reviews. Indie games get a free pass or a review around 85 (if they even get a review), mid-level games get stomped on, and the games that most of the sight's fans buy and like get 90's to 100's. That’s how it is. Reviews are about as useful for rating games as testosterone is for metrosexuals.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:07 pm

ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by roqua1
If it’s the game I'm thinking of the demo wasn't bad. It plays like a console/new pc crap rpg (no character creation, leveling up is a joke, etc), and has console tb combat (which is 100 times better than any RT or twitch crap). I'll probably get it just based off of the demo. And reviews are stupid. All mid-level developed games get scathing reviews. Indie games get a free pass or a review around 85 (if they even get a review), mid-level games get stomped on, and the games that most of the sight's fans buy and like get 90's to 100's. That’s how it is. Reviews are about as useful for rating games as testosterone is for metrosexuals.

LOL now somebody is a little jaded. Funny stuff man. I didnt know there was a demo out? Are you sure you're not thinking of Lands of Infinity? That thing seems similar to this title.
Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:33 am
Darkion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Interesting, I don't remember reading anything relating to this game before, but the trailer looks pretty good. I actually thought it was just a movie intro, because the graphics were so well made, then it dawned on me that it was actually a video of the game in play.

There's not too much of the storyline in the site, but just the fact that they have a female protagonist is a nice change, plus Agavaen looks like she means business! Will surely get this one when it comes out...
Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:35 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I read a preview saying that Neverend has Final Fantasy (console) turn based combat? Does anyone have experience with that? What is it like?
Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:26 am
roqua1

yeah, ff like tb combat (or anachronox). You should try the demo.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't land of infinity, but this game. It had a female protagonist.
Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:44 pm