Poisonous Spiders
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Poisonous Spiders

Since I have to wait until Christmas to play Gothic, I am giving NWN a spin. I need some combat tips. I havae just exited the training center and have entered the dock area. My character, a Rogue, has entered an empty building and is confronted by a spider, a very poisonous spider. I have tried to kill him with my rapier, a bow and arrow, tried using the bless potion, barkskin potion, etc., to no avail. I really don't want to leave the spider and come back later, if it possible. Is there a way to kill poisonous spiders early in the game? Oh, my character is a female, and not wearing to much armor.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:51 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Turn the difficulty down a notch if the spider is proving too much for your rogue. See if you can sneak up on it and get in a backstab.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:54 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Grab Dhalen Redtiger from the adventurers guild and let him tank for you. Not only is he a savage combatant but while he is in melee all your ranged attacks are counted as sneak attacks.

A spider is nothing to fight alone.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:44 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

It took a long time, but I finally killed the spider by myself. Maybe some would call it cheating but I don't (well, maybe not cheating a whole lot). I attacked the spider, ran into a room and fought the spider in the doorway. After one attack by me, (the spider appered to attack me three time to my one), I would close the door. The spider would be on one side and I would be on the other. I would rest and do the same thing over and over and over. He finally died. Now, that I have told you, it does sound a little like cheating.
Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:47 am
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Not a bit of it. Good work. You figured something out within the confines of the game, that is not cheating. Using doors against unitelligent creatures is a time honored tradition. Be advised it won't work against those that can use doors.
Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:51 pm