Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Kerry and Dean at George W University, Incredible!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Kerry and Dean at George W University, Incredible!!

I can't wait to vote for Kerry! It's great to see Dean lose and then support the person who beat him. Really takes character to do that.

Kerry 2004! The chimp must go!
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:40 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I don't really like Kerry but I'm sure your enthusiasm is appreciated by those who do. One can only hope that if he is elected that your enthusiasm isn't put to shame like most politicians seem to do.

Perhaps, this wasn't the best forum to post this on... This will be a very long, drawn out battle and in the end nobodys views will change.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:26 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I don't care who wins as long as the winner either:

a) Listens to the UN

or

b) Conquers the world and abolishes the UN

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:42 pm
The Republican
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'll vote for B.

Bush would never come to my college. Because most of the clubs, newspaper, and the school presidentcy is run my Green Party members or supporters.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:56 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

B is fine as long as your government took responsibility for the countries they conquered and didn't let them starve and such.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:05 pm
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Kerry

Even if he just tries to be honest. Tries to have a rational foreign policy. Tries to bring jobs back in a logical manner. Tries to help the poor. Tries to help people get health care I'll be satisfied with him. He isn't going to fix everyones problems but some concern and working towards real solutions would be a good start. On the other hand bush is ambivalent to the economy. Ambivalent to the poor and those without health care. Outright offends our allies with his statements and policies. Lies whenever it suits him. Has no plan besides tax cuts to bring jobs back to the US. It's not really even a choice between the two candidates.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:43 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

Actually, it is. Frankly, Kerry hasn't given me a reason to vote for him. Only reasons to be suspicious of his motives. I don't like waffles. I'll take the cowboy.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:06 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Kerry molested me when I was a child. And he called me bad names. Kerry also has admitted to being a Nazi shoe salesman who licked old womans feet for racist pleasure. He is obviosly a hermaphrodite, you can tell by his googly head and onry smile. But I do find him attractive in the right lighting, he's got my vote. Or maybe I'll just vote for myself again, I really think I have a shot this term.

Kerry's whole stance is that he hates Bush. That is also about the only issue he hasn't contradicted himself on. Thats the type of man I want in the white house, a hate-filled and confused googly headed man. Bush is hate filled and confused but at least his head isn't all googly. Maybe I should vote for Bush? Or do I like googly heads? I'll have to think on this a while.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:40 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Getting gross again, Roqua.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:11 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Kerry didnt win because people like they guy, he won because he was simply the most electable of the bunch. There is no enthusiasm for Kerry at all, even he doesnt seem real enthusiastic. This guy has about as much charisma as a death row inmate. The guy is a freakin mortician. Even Clinton could make me chuckle, this guy makes me wince or look at my watch. And he supposedly is consulting with "foreign leaders" seeking to undermine the Prez in a time of war? That will not fly. Dean was a banshee, and far too honest. Kerry "swept" such heavy hitters as Al Sharpton, Kucinich, Braun, and John Edwards! Wesley Clark, the "I support abortion up to the moment of birth" candidate was pummeled by Kerry? My God, this isnt the middle ages, Wes! He was aborted himself after he made that comment. Who was Graham anyway? These people all defeated themselves, Kerry was dragging and about to give it up when he was anointed in the early caucuses. Gephardt and Lieberman are easily the most distinguished House and Senate career voting records, but they are hated from the get-go because they support the Iraq war. Kerry is one of the wealthiest Us Senators of all time (capitalist pig, har!), and if he wants to talk 'Nam, he can talk about how he stabbed fellow soldiers in the back as genocidal nuts when he came home. His voting record is contradictory to his current stances. It's too easy, this guy's gonna be a human pinata the month before the election. Just keep on believin' tho!

He's "running against himself" as Lowry put it, this is a good link I have bookmarked from just after the Iowa fallout-
http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200401260838.asp
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:04 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmmm... maybe if Kerry told a few jokes, like these:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2027&ncid=2027&e=6&u=/chitribts/20040326/ts_chicagotrib/bushcriticizedforgagsaboutweaponssearch
People would like him a bit more?

Seriously, watching Clark tearing up the Bush security politics has been quite amusing this week, but not half as amusing as reading that slanted national review link by Sam... I could almost hear the 'Send in the Clowns' tune in the back of my head.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:31 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Too bad for you that Clark doesn't have a shred of credibility to stand on and is just trying to sell his book. A book which states things that completely contradict what he said two years earlier. One of his stories isn't true, thus he is a liar, thus I have no reason to believe anything that he says now.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:56 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh, yes! The book! It becomes SO easy to wave away someone's arguments and points when you can fall back on 'the book'. Could this be the new chewbacca defense? Who knows?
All I know is that when a guy who worked as the head anti-terrorism advisor for three administrations claims something, I'll listen to him, or at least hear some actual counter-arguments other than 'he's doing it to sell his book!' The best thing was hearing Dick Cheney saying that they purpousley kept Clarke, the main anti-terrorism official, 'out of the loop'.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:16 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Apparently you missed reading the part where I said he completely contradicts what he said two years previously. So, which story to believe, hmm?

I find it funny how he directs all of his critizism at the Bush administration when they only had nine months to deal with the problem and the Clinton administration had eight years. If it was as urgent as he makes it out to be, why wasn't it dealt with earlier? Like back in 1993 after the first World Trade Center bombing. No legal reason to hold Bin Laden, my foot! Or how about after the bombing of our embassies in Africa in 1998? Or the attack on the USS Cole in 2000?

Oh wait, I take that back. They did do something. They bombed an asprin factory.

Passing the buck.

EDIT: Spelling and such.

Last edited by Val on Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:34 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Slanted or not Hexy, the Senate votes do not lie. The congressional record is the congressional record, it is not just made up. It happened. Kerry's own words were uttered by him, they happened. Are you telling me National Review "made up" Kerry's congressional votes and statements? We are just supposed to deny reality of the congressional record here because you hate Bush? Your assault has no legs whatsoever, too easy.

And on terrorism and Clark, what you stated is just the point, Hexy. This "guy who worked as the head anti-terrorism advisor for three administrations" failed the entire time he was. He failed so badly, terrorists were actually able to pull off a string of terrorist attacks like WTC attack #1, and went thru the entire 90's. Then, finally after ten years of failure and the worst terrorist strike ever on our soil he gets demoted to the new "electronics terrorism" post they made just for him. He resigns later, and now his suprise book that runs contradictory to everything he ever said happens to pop up just around 9/11 hearings time. The fact that he wants to pin 9/11 on Dubya, and an administration that was really late getting things together in the months after Florida Fiasco 2000 is nonsensical. The Dems wouldnt even give up their posts in the Senate, which they were voted out of. Dubya had to fight every step of the way just to get a transition going, then the "China Spy Plane Fiasco" happened. The prior ten years of course, are no big deal compared to Dubya's golden chance of a few months

Like I said to my friend earlier, I sure hope they keep up on this angle. It indicts the Clinton admin and it's "asleep at the wheel politics" of the 90's more than anything. Doesnt the 1st WTC attack mean anything? Just because it only killed a few people it was no big deal? They were trying to bring it down that time as well, you know. Maybe if Clark would have spent less time in internet chatrooms and more time accepting Sudan's offers of Bin-Laden-On-A-Stick, 9/11 would have never happened.

Watch the news this weekend, because Condi is going to completely shred Clark on 60 minutes. Namely, there was no "plan" on dealing with anything but hackers from Clark, he was one of the original "Y2k Prophets Of Doom".

edit-had to add some stuff for clarity, punctuation, and of course wit! I banged that out very quick on this new lightup keyboard that has practically flat keys like Scrabble tiles. Every other hit on the spacebar gives me 2 spaces, argh!
*smoke rises from keyboard*
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:53 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next