Biff
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Biff

Just got to ch4. Met some dragon hunters on my way to the valley.
After a fight with Biff I got the option to have him tag along.
Should I take hime with me?

(I'd rather not )
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:44 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Biff is good to have with you, but you need to know how to use him. I posted this b4, but.......

Whenever you are killing animals(which don't have money on them, except for dragons and goblins) choose the option to pay him half the loot. Don't sell any of the weapons you've collected while using this option. You'll get a bunch of them killing lizardmen.

When killing things that will have money choose the option to give him 100 gold for now.

When you want to change options just tell him this is where we part ways, then talk to him/hire using the option you want. You don't HAVE to follow this advice, but Biff will pester the hell out of ya if you don't

Now to combat with Biff: he's a moron, total moron, and you'll learn this pretty quick. If you get too close to a bunch of "baddies" the moron will charge in and get the both of ya killed, or badly damaged anyway. So try and lure enemy's a few at a time( I use ranged weapons, but little almost harmless fire arrow spells are the best.You can lure off singles this way.) Also be sure and have plenty of potions so you can cure him after damage.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:50 pm
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Sounds like I made the right decision:
I left him behind
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:51 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

He's there all the time, so if you ever face something which you have a hard time defeating(Dragons for instance), just go get him. I've used him against dragons a few times.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:25 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
He's there all the time, so if you ever face something which you have a hard time defeating(Dragons for instance), just go get him. I've used him against dragons a few times.

Ah, hell, if I face a hard time I go ahead and summon my little army of Skeletons (up to Chapter 5 usually 6 or 7, depending on mana), to do my bidding. And if I am no mage, I just go up to the dragon and slay him. Three of four Orc Elites at once are more trouble than any one of the dragons in this game.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:27 pm