Anyone playing Restricted Area?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Anyone playing Restricted Area?

Just got it on Tuesday (just came out). A comment and question.

Comment: In Restricted Area, there are four 'save slots', one for each base character (basically fighter, ninja, rogue and mage). Which means you only get *one* save slot. That in itself is a major hassle and inexcusible. I have already started working around this by maintaining a 'RABackup' files for various saves. Another thing - there is no 'exit without saving'. None.

But when you die, the game immediately notes your 'mission failed' and writes over the save game, so you must return to town, and then go try again, with your prestige dimished and the reward cut in half. The meager manual says nothing at all about any of this. So far in the game I have created a Fighter and Mage 2 or 3 times each (before discovering the backup method) and *still* haven't finished the first mission - which is supposed to be an introduction!

Question:
- How do you assign skills to different keys? I want Victoria to use not just 'attck' magic, but also 'heal' and 'freeze', but can't figure out how to do it other than permenant assignment of right-mouse. Any clues?

Also - anyone know any 'official' English forums for the game?

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:45 pm
darklord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just played the demo and enjoyed it, I've ordered the game should get it in the next few days.

Good luck with your problems! Oh and cheers for the ideas for extra saves, they should just allow them...

Daniel.
Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:30 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Well, I've finished the game, and sent my review in to GamerDad (Dhruin will probably know it's posted before I do ... like the last couple of times ). I have very mixed feelings about it, but won't ruin your experience.

I definitely recommend taking the 'alternative save' approach - I once had a game freeze & save bug that wouldhave totally trashed my character if I didn't have a backup!

Also, to enable the keys, you just click the 'customize right mouse' icon, then mouse-over the skill you want, and press the F#-key you want to assign it to. Simple.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:40 pm