Kult Has Gone Gold
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Kult Has Gone Gold

Thanks to Tamara for making us aware that Project Three Interactive have <a href="http://www.p3int.com/news_center.asp" target="_blank">announced</a> that their fantasy RPG 'Kult: Heretic Kingdoms' has gone gold. The game will be available across Europe on October 1. Other international dates are not mentioned.
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:57 am
DarthOtzzelot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This newsbit made me interested in Kult for the first time. "Oh, a new RPG to play next week?" I went to their site to learn more of the game, finally found a preview on worthplaying.com, and read " You?ll play the role of a young inspiring female mage". Then I thought "ok, on to another game."
Call me a sexist, but that's what I thought. And being forced to play a mage doesn't make things better
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:02 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Well you do play a female character but "Mage" is pretty relative. The player's character is an Inquisitor who is sensitive to the "Dreamworld" - "Mage" is just a title for people who can enter the Dreamworld...you can play a sword-wielding knight or whatever without being forced to use magic at all. We'll have a preview ourselves next week.
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:04 am
DarthOtzzelot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think I'll gibe your preview a try. Do you already have a copy? Can you give some impressions?

Though I really don't like to play female heroes in my RPGs.
They are so hard to roleplay:
"Oh, where's my comb? It's got to be somewhere in that handbag... damn it!"
"Hello there, Mr. grim looking orc trader. You don't have any tampons for sale, do you?"

Just a joke, I LOVE women!
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:17 am
Dhruin

I have a preview copy...I haven't had much time with it yet so I'll collect my thoughts for the preview (note: it will be a preview not a review). As the for the female thing, I would always prefer full customisation where possible but if female players can put up with playing male avatars in Gothic , Planescape: Toment etc etc etc, I can live with playing the occasional female char.
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:31 am