What Level till Old World..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Nice to see fellow EQ player..

Anyways, indeed, what's the bloody rush? Go and explore the world, there's a whole BIG WORLD out there to discover, places to search, stuff to find. For example, I found the Dragon Slicer on my third run through that area - yes, third, because I rushed through the place and didn't pay attention that there was this place. On 3rd run, accidentally almost, I went that way and suddenly saw a spot I didn't see before. Went in and, well, there were some nasty locals whom I didn't expect, but after bunch of struggle I beat. And when I stepped into that chamber and saw the column of blue light with Dragon Slicer hovering in it.. Damn, way cool! I was just searching for the better weapon at that moment and then such a find.

And much more. I can't remember how many times, at different levels, I tried to beat the Black Troll and ended up, lying at the bottom of that small lake near his cave, after he whalloped me a good punch, heheh. But, the thing is, there's a lot to see and find out there, no point to rush anywhere. I was level 18 or 19 when I went to Valley of Mines, and that's because I found nothing else to smack in that chapter anymore in New World, and had completed ALL the quests I could in New World.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:05 am
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ex-Eqer, that is...

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
Nice to see fellow EQ player..

Well, actually, I'm a recovering EQer... haven't played EQ in almost two years now. I don't miss it at all though.

I'm back where I belong, single player CRPGs. I have to admit, when I started playing single player games again, they had this very 'alone' feeling to them. But you get over it quickly when you get your hands on a CRPG with a great story and world to explore. Not to mention being able to 'save' your progress at any moment so that you can meet the demands of real life in a responsible and timely way.

quote:
Anyways, indeed, what's the bloody rush? Go and explore the world, there's a whole BIG WORLD out there to discover, places to search, stuff to find.

In the beginning, even for me, it took a while to break that 'take your time but hurry up' syndrome you get when playing a MMORPG... that feeling that you got to get to uber_level_x or obtain uber_item_z as soon as possible and preferably before the next guy, and especially before your friends.

If you incorporate that syndrome into the single player experience, you really screw yourself out of a lot of content. Like going to the movie theatre to watch a movie you've been wanting to see, but then leaving after only 10 minutes because you are too impatient to sit through the whole thing because you are anxious to see another movie. You have to first realize you're doing this, then you can stop, relax, and enjoy one thing at a time.

The Gothic series does a fantastic job of making it worth your whlie when you check the other side of that hill, or take the time to look if there is anything under a tree... you will almost always find a little reward... sometimes a big reward.

quote:
For example, I found the Dragon Slicer on my third run through that area - yes, third, because I rushed through the place and didn't pay attention that there was this place.

I managed to find the cave my first time through the area, though I wasn’t able to take out all the skeletons until later on. And then I had problems with the shadowlords (I think that’s what they are called). But yeah, it was a great reward to find that sword there. A lot of fun and easily missed if I had rushed on to chapter 2 instead of building up my character and returning to the cave several times to see if I could beat those monsters.

Happy Gaming!
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:56 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Neptiofpovar
quote:
Originally posted by Bytespawn
I we,t to the V.O.M. at lvl 19, after i got everything i could get, including the dragon slicer, 90 strength, and 65% 2h and ~50% 1h. i slayed every orc i could find in chapter two and i got out at lvl 24: i finished the game at lvl43 i killed the skeleton dragon with 5 hits.

Oh yeah!?!

Well... my dad's car is bigger than your dad's car so there!

I don't think your car is bigger than mine. i've got a monovolume(toyota carina)
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:22 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
quote:
quote:
I we,t to the V.O.M. at lvl 19, after i got everything i could get, including the dragon slicer, 90 strength, and 65% 2h and ~50% 1h. i slayed every orc i could find in chapter two and i got out at lvl 24: i finished the game at lvl43 i killed the skeleton dragon with 5 hits.

Oh yeah!?!

I don't think your car is bigger than mine. i've got a monovolume(toyota carina)

That may be true. But the point was, my dad's car is bigger than your dad's car. So there!
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:41 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh yeah!?!

That may be true. But the point was, my dad's car is bigger than your dad's car. So there!

I MEAN my dads car!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:00 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2