2 Qs
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Stevethemad
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

2 Qs

1, what happens when charges of gadgets run down to zero ? does the gadget become useless or do u just have to start it again?

2, How do u get Crock to give u a job, myles mentions that give had given jobs in the past ( q the side quest,lol ). But no matter what i say to him he does not give me a quest ( or does this occur later or was it a piece of useles banter?

Well of to Martens bluff to find idol, etc for the shaman

Thanks )
Post Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:47 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Crock will have a job for you later in the game. You'll receive a colorful clue when it's time to visit him.

Haven't played a gadg long enough to answer #1. Sorry.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:17 am
tuckyboy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm not sure on the Gadgie question either (because I didn't try to use gadgets with charges on them), but when I think of the metal plate and the magic polish combining to form a gadget with charges, I can't imagine the metal plate disappearing just because the charges are gone. If you check, can you post the answer Steve?
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:48 am
otter
One of Us

i haven't played one in a while. I did remember Duct Tape having charges but no other Gadget. Many Artifacts have limited charges, they recharge if you sell them and buy them back immediately. (Has to be a Merchant who'll buy it)
Check out the one unusual "potion" that Crock has for sale, ask him about that. That's a job for both Crock and one of the bigger Quest series. There's another bit with Crock, that's forced on you. (unless you kill him) That's the 'colorful' quest DTEO mentions.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:50 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

@tuckyboy: actually, I remember a conversation a LONG time ago that you just purchase more polish and combine it with the plate again to recharge that item (eye-for-eye?)

@otter: I don't think I've ever noticed a special potion with Crock.

Edit: deleted question to otter, I remembered what you're talking about now.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:38 am
tuckyboy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dteowner:

Thanks for the post on the plate. I always suspected that it could be recharged, but I never even used it once after polishing it. Definitely an oversight on my part.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:46 am
Stevethemad
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I will

Tuck, i will , just going to play for a couple of hours. I posted this , cos i built a forcefeild gen Armorplate device , which when u turn it on u get a symbol come u like u do with spells, which counts down the same way spells do, i just did not want to use it, to find out after it had reached zero that i could not use it again . Looks like i have to do that anyway ,lol well i will try to use it again, if it does not work remake it, if that dont work sell it and buy it back.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:02 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

The forcefield generator (armorplate) doesn't have charges as far as I know. It's infinitely reusable.
The shiny plate with magic polish (eye-for-an-eye) does use charges - up to 18. When you run out, you need to buy more magic polish. Now the only place I found magic polish is at Crock's. So just consider whether you want to kill him or not, if you're in love with this gadget.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:37 pm
otter
One of Us

I4NI is one of the most fun spells in the game, esp if the mobs are casting Death effects. Please use your Magic Mirror whenever you face casters.
Post Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:51 am