Some small questions.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
shidgoose
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some small questions.

Allright I have some small questions, nothing hard...

1. Must be the 30th time you guys read this but I cant seem to find the god damn thieves guild. I should tell you that I'm really role playing this game. I'm a militia now, so every time I catch a criminal (the guy who runs away, the guy who tries to screw around with the female merchant and the guy who wants me to intercept a package from a farm (as you can see, I'm very bad at names), I put them in jail. I dont steal, lie or just pointlessly run around and kill beasties. I allready talked with some people about it but they dont seem to know. I also got this rusty key from the assasin who tries to kill me (duhh) but I cant find a use for it. Please give me some hints to get me back on track.

2. I've been trying to locate Bospers (name!!) bow for a while now. I've talked to this merchant woman (the wife of the fish guy) who told me that she saw him running past and he jumped of the docks. I did the same thing, but I only found some ship wreck lying a bit further so I stopped searching. Please give me some hints to put me back on track on this one too.

3. I've read some post about climbing trees. Does annyone know how to do that?

4. Okay, there's one criminal I let go, because I didnt think he was so bad. I found this fish with a note in it, wich suposedly led me to the fish guy (I found out by accident). Now he told me that he's have some special fish for me now and then, and he did the first time, but he doesnt refresh his stock. Will he ever?

5. Is there a way to remove quest from your list. I mean, I'm not intrested in the herb quest for the alchemist guy anymore. Should I just do it, or can I cancel the quest?

6. Could someone give me some pointers as to where I can find str jewelry? I only got these 2 useless magic and fire defense ring.

Well that was that. Please help me out here guys.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:55 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

1) This question has been answered several times. Use the "Search" option at the top of your screen to find answers to your quesions that you suspect as being common. The key you got off Atilla is used to open the main entrance to the sewers. The sewer is where the thief's guild is located. To find the sewer you need to jump off the dock area at the harbor, and swim along the side to the far right. To find the door you'll need to swim from the harbor. You can't see the door from dry ground, so just jump in the water and swim along the right side until you reach it.

2) Bosper's Bow is in a chest in the thief's guild. Once again, the sewer entrance is not near the island where you found the shipwreck. It is just off the docks of the harbor to the right side. You really can't miss it if you just follow the shore to the right.

3) I'm not sure if there is a certain technique, but some trees are curved enough so you can jump on it's root and climb to the top. It's not anything you need to worry about unless you want to kill creatures from up there where they can't reach you.

4) I don't think his stock will ever refresh. It would have been more advantageous to report him to Lord Andre. If anyone deserved to be let off, it was Rengaru(sp?). The fish merchant was guilty of selling, transporting and smuggling illegal supplies for the benefit of bandits and fellow thiefs. Rengaru(sp?) was only guilty of stealing a little gold because he was poor and was just trying to survive.

5) You can choose not to do certain quests. If you refuse to do certain quests they will usually move from "Current Quests" to "Failed Quests." It's always more advantageous to do as many quests as possible. You want experience to earn level points which you'll use to develop your character. If you're top priority is "role-playing" then just simply ignore the quests you don't want to do. The quests you ignore will eventually go away or end up in the "Failed Quests" category.

6) If you want to find useful things then explore. You'll find some jewelry/artifacts while exploring. The world of Gothic 2 is very large. If you only kill the creatures that need to be killed in order to complete quests, then you will probably miss out on 30%-40% of the world. You should do a lot of exploring!

Hope this helps...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:55 am
dented
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1. Just jump into the harbor, and follow the dock to the right, and you should come to a door. Since you allready got the rusty key from Atille (assassin behind Halvor's fish-shop) you should have no problem entering. Tada, you've found the thieves-guild.

2. In a crate in the thieves guild. Be carefull you don't sell it though, because I think it's labeled as Hunter's Bow, and not Bosper's Bow.

3. I don't know, never felt the need to.

4. I'm afraid I don't know ehre either, since I always turn him in. He is by the way a far worse criminal than Rengaru (Gold thief in market).

5. I don't think you can do it manually, but it will eventually move to failed quests. You might be able to speed it up by talking to Constantino about it?

6. Thieves guild.

If you have any more questions, ask away.

Edit: Damn, you beat me to it.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:01 am
shidgoose
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thank you my bitches

Well, maybe the fish guy is a worse criminal hen Rengaru. But it kinda caught me by suprise when I spoke with him and checked the conversation option. Did'nt know exactly what he was saying and my last save was pretty far away.

But I do feel Rengaru needed to be locked away. He imeadiatly starts telling me that his "friends" will come and get me if I touch him. That's weak, be responsible for your own actions.

But thanks again for the info on the thief guild.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:54 am