Totally Off Topic/Off-the-Wall- A New Gal in Town
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
AtraLamia_Darkbane
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Totally Off Topic/Off-the-Wall- A New Gal in Town

Well, I though it would be best to post a lil ole introduction of myself since I am a new member and really not overly familiar with any of you whatsoever. I am a more active role-player in Yahoo, well when the User Rooms were active for RPG that is. I used to be the Admin of a WOD forum: NOCTURNUS: Paris De Nuit but due to staff friction I had closed it down. Being an ex DM of places like http://www.ayenee.com and http://www.aoyn.com (Glo Moderator/ST/DM) I decided I would look into running my own forum, which was named Shadow Realms- Dies Irae http://ashlomn.net/pendragon/ which I can say I have provided a link on my forum to this forum as I believe should any of my members take interest, this site would prove to be quite a good resource in which to offer people...

On a personal level, my name is Dy, 23yrs of age, and works for a computer company/repairs/tech support/gameing arcade in Australia, Queensland called DataRite- excellent job I might add. I have been in the Roleplay scene since I was like 12 in yahoo, started up in 97 at first in Romance and when Arts & Entertainment opened up mid 97 I moved there. I will state, I am into a more Freeform based role-play than books full of rules and whatnot- at best I simply enjoy writing.

If I see anything of interest here than I can get involved in, I will look into it, until then I will stay on the sidelines looking for a place where I feel I can fit in. Feel free to contact me at any time.

Happy New Years!!
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:18 am
AtraLamia_Darkbane
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Signatures

Oh also if any of you want signatures done, send me a holla via YIm x_tainted_lullaby_x or MSN dyshankapwns@gmail.com or simply email what pics you want in the signature, along with sn name/character name and any specific quote and I will do ya up something licketty-split =) email: x_tainted_lullaby_x@yahoo.com
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:25 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Hello and welcome to the RPGDot forums!

Unfortunately, we have pretty strict rules on graphical signatures. As stated in the FAQ, a signature picture may not be larger than 3600 pixels in all (which corresponds to 60x60, 360x10 etc. etc.). See also this thread.

Most of our roleplaying usergroups are more on the rule-heavy side of things, but perhaps you'll find a group which is to your liking.
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:28 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

well rpgdot went not so active lately but before i join your forum i must ask how active is it, cuz i dont want to rp all alone or just with one person
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:53 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Welcome to the Dot! You will find you have stumbled on a wonderful site with great people. Granted it has been a bit slow lately but that is common with the lack of new games out lately. I think you will find this place offers great info however. Welcome and jump in where ever you have an interest.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:50 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Welcome to our little neck of the woods. It's also nice to see another Queenslander here!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:44 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hello lady
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:53 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Greetings!
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:32 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Hello there!
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:02 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Hello Dy! I hope you like rpgdot. The dot is some of the nicest places in the internet, full of deligtfull people.
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:23 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Welcome.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:02 am
Ozymandias
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Welcome

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything whatsoever as a result of you reading this post.
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:35 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Greetings and salutations!
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:36 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

Hiya
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:05 am
AtraLamia_Darkbane
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wow you guys, such an awesome response and a friendly one at that. I am really amazed to see such a positive atmosphere =) you guys have totally made my day. Well SR is very active, average 50-100 posts per day and mostly In-Character based. I don't though want anyone thinking I am trying to steal their members, I simply want to create awesome new stories and provide people with the role-play they seek. Currently we have Darkbane taking on female members (guys MAY role-play women for this...nice character reversal), Pendragon is seeking members. Soon we are launching a Masq ball and then moving into Clan Wars between Pendragon and Darkbane. There are other sections like the Void, Taverns, Demi-planes and the likes. We have other popular Ayenee Clans like the Eitans returning to role-play so it is all happening and quite quickly. It is Freeform based so no long rules, only the ST/DM & Players Bill of Rights. It is a friendly atmosphere much like this, but again I am stunned at the results of joining here. Thank you for installing more faith in the prospects and ethic of the role-players and those who simply love the game.

I am still looking around RPGdot, totally love this forum, but then it is its members which make me all the more proud to stay and be a part of it
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:44 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next